|AI Type||Passive AI|
|Damage||243642›152226 (bullets) |
- Internal NPC ID: 19
The Arms Dealer is an NPC that will spawn once the following criteria have been met:
- There is an empty house.
- The player has at least one bullet or bullet-firing gun in their inventory (guns stored in storage items like chests, or portable storages like the Piggy Bank do not count).
(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) These requirements only apply to the initial spawning. If the Arms Dealer is killed, he will automatically respawn after some time.
(Old-gen console and 3DS versions) If the Arms Dealer is killed, he will only respawn if the above requirements are met again.
On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, when threatened by enemies, the Arms Dealer will use a Flintlock Pistol to defend himself. Once Hardmode begins, he upgrades to a Minishark for self-defense. He deals 24 / 36 / 42 damage in Pre-Hardmode (decreasing to 15 / 22 / 26 damage in Hardmode, although he does gain an increased rate of fire to compensate), and (on the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version) as players progress he will gain various stat increases.
Below is a list of qualifying guns and bullets. At least one of these must be in the player's inventory for the Arms Dealer to spawn.
|Musket Ball||7 CC||Always available.|
|Silver Bullet||15 CC||During a Blood Moon, in a world with Silver Ore ((Old-gen console and 3DS versions) and a world with Tungsten Ore).|
(Always available in Hardmode.)
|Tungsten Bullet(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)||18 CC||During a Blood Moon, in a world with Tungsten Ore.|
(Always available in Hardmode.)
|Unholy Arrow||40 CC||During the night after defeating the Eater of Worlds or Brain of Cthulhu.|
(Always available in Hardmode.)
|Flintlock Pistol||5 GC||Always available.|
|Minishark||35 GC||Always available.|
|Illegal Gun Parts||20 GC||At night.|
|Ammo Box(Desktop, Console, Old-gen console and Mobile versions)||10 GC||(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) In Hardmode.|
|Shotgun||25 GC||In Hardmode.|
|Empty Bullet||5 CC||In Hardmode.|
|Stynger Bolt||75 CC||When the player possesses a Stynger.|
|Stake||15 CC||When the player possesses a Stake Launcher.|
|Nail||1 SC||When the player possesses a Nail Gun.|
|Candy Corn||5 CC||When the player possesses a Candy Corn Rifle.|
|Explosive Jack 'O Lantern||15 CC||When the player possesses a Jack 'O Lantern Launcher.|
|Nurse Hat||3 GC||During Halloween.|
|Nurse Shirt||3 GC||During Halloween.|
|Nurse Pants||3 GC||During Halloween.|
|Quad-Barrel Shotgun(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)||35 GC||In a Graveyard Biome after defeating Skeletron.|
|Any Pylon(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)||10 GC||When in a specific biome and is happy enough.|
For more information, see NPC happiness.
When submerged in Shimmer, the Arms Dealer will transform into his Shimmered form. This has no impact on gameplay or dialogue and is only a visual change. He can be returned to his classic look by submerging him in Shimmer again.
- The easiest way to acquire a qualifying gun is to smash either a Shadow Orb or Crimson Heart in the Corruption or the Crimson. They will always drop a Musket or an Undertaker, respectively, on the first break.
- Other qualifying early guns include:
- The Flare Gun and its Flares do not qualify.
- Bullets can also be obtained from the Party Girl. When there is a Party thrown, buy the Pigronata, which can drop Party Bullets.
The Arms Dealer may have any of the following names:
When Nurse is present:
When Dryad is present:
When Demolitionist is present:
During a Blood Moon:
During a Party(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions):
During Rain (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions):
During a Thunderstorm(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions):
During a Windy Day(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions):
When in a Graveyard(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions):
Happiness quotes (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
When far from home:
When in a sparse area:
When in a Desert:
When in a Snow biome:
When near the Nurse:
When near the Steampunker:
When near the Golfer:
When near the Demolitionist:
When near the Princess:
- The name Brimst may be a reference to brimstone (sulfur), one of the ingredients of gunpowder.
- He seems to be attracted to both the Nurse and the Dryad. This is seen in his quote about the date with the Nurse, and the Dryad's quote about him flirting with her. He also flirts with the Mechanic, according to her quote about the pressure plate, but he seemingly has more of an interest in the Nurse.
- His interest in the Nurse is further backed by selling her clothes on Halloween instead of his own (though on a technical level, the Nurse does not have a shop interface to sell any items with).
- The Arms Dealer and Guide seem to argue with each other through Emotes, implying they do not get along. This is further evidenced by his quote regarding the Guide Voodoo Doll. However, the Guide has no effect on his happiness.
- The quote about the Guide Voodoo Doll still appears even if the Guide is dead, but the name will be random each time.
- His quote about ammo being extra is a reference to the fact that in most movies, the protagonists or other characters seemingly never run out of ammo.
- The Arms Dealer and the Demolitionist have two quotes each that suggest a rivalry between them. For instance, the Arms Dealer can occasionally say "Don't bother with <name of Demolitionist>, I've got all you need right here." if the Demolitionist is present.
- The Bestiary entry for the Arms Dealer: "The Arms Dealer has everything anyone could need to shoot things dead, from little round bullets to guns made from sharks."
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Now sells ammunition for newly introduced weapons and Nurse costume (during Halloween).
- Desktop 1.1:
- Now has random name given to him on spawn. His death will be reported with this name. Other NPCs will also use it in their quotes.
- Illegal Gun Parts are sold every night, not just during new moons.
- Silver Bullets and Unholy Arrows are always available after defeating the Wall of Flesh.
- Shotgun added to inventory.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Desktop 1.0.3: Like other NPCs, can now be killed by enemies.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
- Information taken from the Desktop 126.96.36.199 source code, method
Terraria.NPC.cs. There may be inaccuracies, as the current Desktop version is 188.8.131.52.
- Information taken from the Desktop 184.108.40.206 source code, method
Terraria.Main.cs. There may be inaccuracies, as the current Desktop version is 220.127.116.11.