Autoswing (also known as auto-swing, autofire, auto-fire, or auto-use) is a property that can apply to usable items, such as weapons, tools and blocks, wherein the item is automatically reused (or swung) while the ⚒ Use / Attack key/button is held down. In contrast, weapons without autoswing require that the player repeatedly clicks or presses ⚒ Use / Attack in order to continue attacking.
- (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) Autoswing can be enabled for all weapons in the Settings menu by enabling the "Autofire" option.
- On this wiki, items with autoswing will feature the icon in the top-right corner of the infobox.
- (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) Autoswing can be enabled on melee weapons and whips by certain accessories: Feral Claws, Power Glove, Mechanical Glove, Fire Gauntlet, and Berserker's Glove(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions).
- All weapons with the exception of a select few have autoswing enabled.
- Autoswing is a very useful attribute that should be considered when comparing weapons as it allows maximizing the number of hits. For example, all other statistics aside, an autoswing weapon that deals 30 base damage can be preferred over a non-autoswing weapon that deals 34 base damage. Note that as of 1.4.4 all weapons have the capability to autoswing.
- Items without autoswing can still be swung automatically via third-party software like auto clickers. Note that this may be considered cheating. Also note that as of 1.4.4 all weapons have the capability to autoswing.