|Debuff||Feral Bite(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)|
|Debuff tooltip||Increased damage, Decreased life regen, Causes status effects|
|Duration||30 - 90 seconds|
|Coins||90 CCPre-Hardmode: 2 SC25 CCHardmode: 7 SC20 CCPost-Plantera: 9 SC|
The Cave Bat is a common type of Bat found only in the Cavern layer. They are fairly small, and can be difficult to hit with certain weapons. One is to proceed with caution when entering caves early on, as the Cave Bat can pose a moderate threat when one is not prepared to deal with them. If a world is in Expert Mode, they can inflict the Feral Bite debuff as well as dealing more damage, making them much more dangerous than those on a classic world. Like most other bats, they cannot enter water.
- Once a world enters Hardmode, Cave Bats will be mostly overrun by Giant Bats, making them a bit less common than they were pre-Hardmode.
- Cave Bats, as well as Jungle Bats, Hellbats, and Spore Bats have an unused frame in the animation that seems to depict a Cave Bat hanging upside down. This may mean that bats were originally planned to be able to hang on ceilings but was later decided against.
- In the Getfixedboi and Don't dig up Secret world seeds, Cave Bats will drop the KO Cannon instead of the Chain Knife.
- Players can easily farm for the Cave Bat's item drops if they have a Bat Statue. The bats spawned won't drop any coins, but they will still drop items if summoned with the statue, as long as they are not killed by lava or traps.
- The Bestiary entry for the Cave Bat: "They are small, hard to see, and swiftly flap about in unpredictable ways. They often carry diseases, such as rabies."
- Desktop 1.0.6: Health reduced from 25 to 16; damage reduced from 15 to 13.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- May no longer enter water and doesn't make a splash sound when hitting water.
- Now have a specific death sound effect.
- Health reduced from 45 to 25; damage reduced from 25 to 15.