|Use time||90 (Snail)|
Allows you to return home at will
- Internal Item ID: 3124 (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
The Cell Phone is a post-Skeletron informational item that displays fishing power, weather, moon phase, elevation, distance from the center of the world, time, nearest valuable environment item, movement speed, current DPS, total kills of the last enemy attacked, rare creatures nearby and total number of nearby enemies. It can also teleport the player home, similar to a Magic Mirror.
Unlike most other informational items (e.g. its constituent parts), the Cell Phone does not double as an accessory, and cannot be equipped in accessory slots. It instead functions solely from the player's ordinary inventory slots, which puts it into the tool category.
While the inventory screen is open, Cell Phone information is hidden. Instead, an icon is displayed for each information type, each of which can be clicked to toggle their display on or off.
In multiplayer, information from the Cell Phone will be shared with other nearby players on the same team.
|Cell Phone(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)||Tinkerer's Workshop|
|Platinum Bar × 10||Chain||Gold Bar × 10||The following three are interchangable with Shimmer.|
|Fisherman's Pocket Guide|
|Platinum Watch||or||Gold Watch||Tally Counter|
Also craftable in )
Also dropped by in )
|GPS||R.E.K. 3000||Goblin Tech||Fish Finder|
|Platinum Bar × 8||or||Gold Bar × 8||Glass × 10||Diamond × 3||PDA|
|Shellphone(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)||Tinkerer's Workshop|
- The Cell Phone is the end result of combining 14 individual items: its original constituent items are the Compass, Depth Meter, DPS Meter, Fisherman's Pocket Guide, Gold/Platinum Bars and Chain (for Gold/Platinum Watch), Lifeform Analyzer, Magic Mirror/Ice Mirror, Metal Detector, Radar, Sextant, Stopwatch, Tally Counter, and Weather Radio.
- In a drunk world, it is possible to get the Cell Phone before defeating Skeletron.
- Though the Cell Phone is a very versatile and powerful item, obtaining it will often take a huge amount of patience. Some of the required accessories, such as the Metal Detector and the Angler's quest items, may be very time-consuming to come across. However, some ingredients are also relatively common and are found easily.
- Getting the Metal Detector is easier in Expert or Master Mode as Nymphs have a 100% chance to drop them.
- The Cell Phone has one of the most complex crafting trees in Terraria, using 14 base items (and 7 crafting operations), beaten by its upgrade, the Shellphone, which uses 16, and beaten again by the Zenith, which uses 22.
- The Cell Phone's nature as a single "catch-all" device parallels the multi-functionality of real modern smartphones, which have largely rendered once-common appliances like watches, compasses, timers, radios, and atlases obsolete in most cases. The usage of a mirror in the recipe could likewise be a reference how a smartphone's selfie camera may be used as a mirror. The mirror could also be because of the mirror-like touchscreen, which is vastly different from the older model phones which used buttons, or the "home" button found on many cell phones, due to the mirror being used to take the player "home."
- It does not seem to be based on any particular real-life smartphone models.
- The Cell Phone is one of four non-accessories that is crafted at a Tinkerer's Workshop, the others being the Boulder ((Old-gen console and 3DS versions)), Ultrabright Helmet, Multicolor Wrench and The Grand Design.
- Although it is a powerful item and has a rarity of , the Cell Phone can actually be acquired pre-Hardmode, as all ingredients can be obtained prior to defeating the Wall of Flesh.
- The Cell Phone, sharing the Magic/Ice Mirror's use time, is one of the few items qualifying with "snail" speed, the others being Magic Conch, Demon Conch, Snake Charmer's Flute, and Shellphone.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.