- Wand of Sparking(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Wand of Frosting(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Gray Zapinator(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Aqua Scepter
- Thunder Zapper(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Space Gun
- Ice Rod
- Golden Shower
- Demon Scythe
- Laser Rifle
- Magic Dagger
- Orange Zapinator(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Sky Fracture(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Shadowflame Hex Doll(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Crystal Serpent(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Leaf Blower
- Frost Staff
- Poison Staff
- Heat Ray
- Venom Staff(Desktop, Console, Old-gen console and Mobile versions)
- Unholy Trident
- Bubble Gun
- Laser Machinegun(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Charged Blaster Cannon(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Last Prism(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Betsy's Wrath(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Zapinator(3DS version)
Charged Blaster Cannon
|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
- Charged Blaster Orb
- Charged Blaster Cannon
- Charged Blaster Laser
The Charged Blaster Cannon is a Hardmode, post-Golem magic weapon that possesses multiple firing modes with escalating speed, damage, and method of attack depending on how long the ⚒ Use / Attack key is held while firing it.
- A single tap of the ⚒ Use / Attack key fires a small energy orb that dissipates after hitting an enemy or solid block.
- Holding ⚒ Use / Attack rapidly fires small orbs at a rate of six orbs per second. Mana is only consumed upon firing the first small orb.
- After holding ⚒ Use / Attack for one second (i.e., after 6 small orbs have been fired), it will shoot a larger orb with infinite piercing and 2.5× the weapon's base damage (250 base damage).
- Continuing to hold ⚒ Use / Attack fires larger orbs at a rate of 2 orbs per second. Mana is only consumed upon firing the first large orb.
- Holding ⚒ Use / Attack for two more seconds (i.e., after 3 large orbs have been fired) and holding the key down continuously fires a large, solid blue energy beam that travels for a maximum of 300 tiles, deals 1.5× the weapon's base damage (150 damage), and infinitely pierces enemies at a rate of every 20 ticks or three times per second. Mana is consumed at the same rate, i.e. 42 base mana per second.
The attack is immediately canceled when mana is depleted, the ⚒ Use / Attack key is released, or after the beam is fired for five seconds. The Charged Blaster Cannon has a 1/800 (0.13%) chance to drop from all basic enemies during the Martian Madness event.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
- Due to the high damage output and infinite piercing of the charged laser, the Charged Blaster Cannon is extremely useful for horizontal crowd control or against segmented bosses such as The Destroyer.
- The fully charged laser is comparable to the Last Prism's fully converged beam, but it deals 87.5% less damage: The Last Prism's beam deals 300 base damage 12 times per second (3600 base damage each second), whereas the Charged Blaster Cannon's beam deals 150 base damage 3 times per second (450 base damage each second).
- Due to how the Charged Blaster Cannon only consumes mana on the first shot of each of the orb bursts but consumes mana on each damage tick of channeling the laser, the player may wish to only charge the weapon up to the point of it firing the third large orb and stop charging the weapon before it fires the laser if they wish to use mana as resourcefully as possible.
- This allows them to fire 6 of the small orbs and 3 of the large ones at the cost of only twice the weapon's mana cost (28 base mana).
- Channeling the laser will, however, in most cases reward higher DPS compared to only shooting the orbs and then restarting the attack cycle repeatedly.
- The Charged Blaster Cannon is a nod to the video game character Mega Man, who uses a similarly shaped cannon called the Mega Buster. The Mega Buster can be similarly charged before firing, and the Charged Blaster Cannon's appearance as part of the player's arm when selected mimics the fact that Mega Man's robotic body has the gun built into his arm, along with the weapon's circular appearance.
- The Charged Blaster Cannon has the smallest sprite of any weapon in the game.
- Desktop 1.4.1: The player can now adjust the firing angle of the continuous laser beam.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Increased the damage output of the weapon as follows:
- A single tap of ⚒ Use / Attack still fires a small non-piercing orb. It now deals 100 instead of 50 base damage. Holding the key now fires more of these orbs.
- Releasing ⚒ Use / Attack after holding it for one second still fires a large orb with infinite piercing. It now deals 250 instead of 100 base damage. Continuing to hold the key now fires more of these orbs.
- Holding ⚒ Use / Attack for three seconds or more still fires the laser beam; this remains unchanged.
- The fire rate of quick-firing the small orbs without charging is now much higher.
- The mana cost of charging is unchanged; however, quick firing will naturally consume more mana as the fire rate has increased significantly.
- No longer has a 1/9 (11.11%) chance of dropping from the Martian Saucer. Now instead has a 1/800 (0.13%) chance of dropping from common Martian Madness enemies.
- Increased the damage output of the weapon as follows:
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Information taken from the Desktop 18.104.22.168 source code, methods
Terraria.Projectile.cs. There may be inaccuracies, as the current Desktop version is 22.214.171.124.
- A tick is a time unit countable by the software. Most of Terraria's updating logic happens every tick. A tick has the length of 1/60th of a second, hence there are 60 ticks in a second and 3600 ticks in a minute.