Using Chlorophyte Arrows to attack a Target Dummy
and a Slime
. Note how the arrows will bounce unless there is a target in sight.
Chlorophyte Arrows are a type of arrow obtainable after all three mechanical bosses are defeated. They are crafted from Chlorophyte Bars and are the third strongest type of arrow in the game. They ricochet once when hitting blocks, are affected by gravity, and maintain their decreasing altitude when the arrows ricochet.
(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) The arrows can bounce four times, and will "Smart Bounce" to a nearby target if one is in range. Arrows only deal 66% of normal damage after a bounce.
(Old-gen console and 3DS versions) Similar to Meteor Shots, the arrows can pierce one enemy or bounce one time, but not both. It should be also noted that they bounce in a different way than Meteor Shots, always returning to the place which they were fired from, making a 180° angle. They are destroyed upon impact.
- As Chlorophyte Ore is hard to accumulate and Chlorophyte Arrows are not particularly outstanding, it is recommended not to craft them unless the player has a lot of spare Chlorophyte Bars.
- However, they are quite useful in conjunction with wildly inaccurate multi-shot bows, such as the Daedalus Stormbow, allowing them to deal much more single-target damage than usual and allowing them to hit smaller targets much more accurately, due to their smart bouncing abilities.
- These arrows work best against grounded enemies (or crowds of them) and slow flying enemies. They are not particularly effective against fast flying enemies, because the smart bounce can commonly miss.
- (Old-gen console and 3DS versions) As with most piercing weapons, if multiple arrows would penetrate an enemy, an invincibility frame will be triggered where only one arrow will deal damage while the others will simply pass through. Therefore, Chlorophyte Arrows should generally only be used with single-shot bows and repeaters.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Sprite updated.
- No longer pierces targets.
- Projectile speed increased.
- Bounces more times and can home in on nearby targets after bouncing.
- Post-bounce arrows only deal 66% damage.