The Clinger is a Hardmode enemy found in the Underground Corruption biome. Clingers spawn anchored to a block, with their head attached to an extendable "stem" that does not damage the player. They attack by launching orbs of Cursed Flames at the player, which can inflict the Cursed Inferno debuff.
- Clingers will not launch their projectile for a couple of seconds after being struck by knockback; players can use this to their advantage and prevent a Clinger from being able to retaliate until it is slain. Additionally, Clingers' projectiles do not travel through solid objects, which players can use to their advantage while approaching.
- (Old-gen console and 3DS versions) Mining the block that a Clinger is anchored to kills it instantly; killing Clingers this way, however, prevents them from dropping any coins or items.
- (Old-gen console and 3DS versions) Despite being able to shoot Cursed Flames, they are not immune to the Cursed Inferno debuff.
- They might be Corrupted versions of Man Eaters or Angry Trappers, judging from their AI and appearance.
- Clinger is the only enemy that both drops and utilizes cursed flames.
- The Bestiary entry for the Clinger: "In the depths of the darkest corruption lies cursed-fire belching, betentacled nightmares stretching from the very walls themselves."
- Desktop 1.4.4: Monster Meat drop rate reduced from 1/1000 to 1/1500. In Don't Starve seeds, changed from 1/200 to 1/500.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Orbs of Cursed Flames launched by Clingers can no longer be destroyed by weapons or projectiles.
- Now drops the Meat Grinder.