Crossover content is content added from a different game or other media, while the other game also adopts some content from Terraria, with mutual permission. Homages and references, however, are not crossover content.
Edge of Space
Edge of Space is a 2D sandbox game developed by Handyman Studios, similar in gameplay to Terraria, but in a space setting.
- S.D.M.G.(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Falcon Blade
- Pirate Minion
- Ginger Beard(Desktop, Console, Mobile and 3DS versions)
- Pillagin' Me Pixels
- Sail(Desktop, Console, Old-gen console and Mobile versions)
The weapon Starfury is present in Pixel Piracy.
Worms 3 is a mobile game which in 2013 received crossover content from Terraria. In return, the mobile version of Terraria received some Worms 3 content in the 2014 Hardmode Update. This content has since been removed from Terraria's Android and iOS versions, but is still available on the Windows Phone and versions.
Worms 3 received customization sprites looking like the Molten Helmet, Hallowed Mask, Mythril Hood, Mining Helmet, Top Hat, and Archaeologist's Hat, as well as five Terraria-themed gravestones and Terraria sound effects ("speechbank").
Dungeon Defenders 2
Dungeon Defenders 2 is a 3D tower-defense game developed by Chromatic Games which has crossover content in Terraria since version 1.3.4(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions). Its setting is called "Etheria", so elements from this game are labeled "Etherian" to distinguish from the Terrarian versions when ambiguity could exist, such as for example between Etherian Mana and Mana, or Etherian Goblin and Goblin.
The game features four core classes, which are represented in Terraria by the selection of player equipment.
|Class||Sentries||Tier 2 armor||Tier 3 armor||Tier 2 weapon||Tier 3 weapon||Accessory|
||Apprentice||Dark Artist||Tome of Infinite Wisdom||Betsy's Wrath||Apprentice's Scarf|
||Huntress||Red Riding||Phantom Phoenix||Aerial Bane||Huntress's Buckler|
||Monk||Shinobi Infiltrator||Sleepy Octopod
|Sky Dragon's Fury||Monk's Belt|
||Squire||Valhalla Knight||Brand of the Inferno||Flying Dragon||Squire's Shield|
Sentries and armor sets are bought with Defender Medals from the Tavernkeep when the corresponding tiers are unlocked (Tier 1 is available from the start, one mechanical boss needs to be defeated in Hardmode for Tier 2, and Golem must be defeated for Tier 3). Tier 2 weapons and accessories are dropped by the Ogre while Tier 3 weapons are dropped by Betsy. There are no Tier 1 armor sets.
Other content includes:
- Ale Tosser
- Flickerwick and Creeper Egg
- Hoardagron and Dragon Egg
- Propeller Gato and Gato Egg
- Eternia Crystal and Eternia Crystal Stand
- Defender Medal
- Etherian Mana
- Old One's Army
All the crossover content in Terraria is obtained through the Tavernkeep NPC, either directly from him or indirectly by triggering the Old One's Army event.
As part of the crossover, Dungeon Defenders 2 incorporated some Terraria content as well.
- The Dryad became an additional hero class, able to use Vile and Purification Powder, Fallen Stars, slimes, Harpies, Moss Hornets, and Angry Nimbuses to attack enemies. She also retains her Dryad's Blessing, and can use Leaf Wings. In Dungeon Defenders 2, she is also able to transform between her normal form and a corrupt form, modifying the effects of her powers.
- Many Terraria weapons became available for certain heroes, such as the Terra Blade, Lunar Portal Staff, Demon Scythe, Tsunami, and more.
- A new map, the Forest Biome, was added, featuring Demon Eye enemies, the Eye of Cthulhu boss, and various other Terraria elements.
- Jens Bergensten confirmed that the summon mechanism of the Wither, one of the bosses in Minecraft, was inspired by the boss summon mechanics of Terraria.
- One of Minecraft's main menu splash texts says: "Also try Terraria!".
Don't Starve Together
Don't Starve is a series of survival video games by Canadian studio Klei Entertainment. 1.4.3(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) saw the addition of one boss, one music track, a new secret seed, and a number of items inspired by these games:
- Ham Bat
- Bat Bat
- Pew-matic Horn
- Lucy the Axe
- Tentacle Spike
- Weather Pain
- Abigail's Flower
- Houndius Shootius
- Bone Helm
- Radio Thing
- Bernie's Button
- Glommer's Flower
- Monster Meat
- Deerclops Eyeball
- Eye Bone
- Monster Lasagna
- Froggle Bunwich
- The Bereaved
- The Firestarter
- The Gentleman Scientist
- The Strongman
- Gentleman's set
- Firestarter's set
- Deer Thing
- Deerclops Mask
- Deerclops Trophy
- Deerclops Relic
- Treasure Bag (Deerclops)
- Music Box (Deerclops)
- Deerclops boss
- Two new hairstyles based on Wilson and Willow
- Rare clouds based on Don't Starve characters
- Secret seed "The Constant"
- One of the title messages says: "Terraria: Also try Don't Starve!"
Along with 1.4.3's release, Klei Entertainment released an update for Don't Starve Together which added the Eye of Cthulhu and Twins, 5 new eye-themed boss rewards, and 26 new skins for existing items.
As part of the crossover, Core Keeper added King Slime as a summonable boss and Blue Slimes as his minions. Killing King Slime in Core Keeper yields Royal Gel, just as in Expert Terraria, as well as the music sheet Terraria - Journey's Beginning.
- www.terrariaonline.com → Forums → News → Dev Blog: thread: Ahoy! Re-Logic to Partner with Quadro Delta to Publish Pixel Piracy! (archived from the original on 15 Mar 2014, 09:59:04 UTC)
- Worms™ 3 Update Adds Awesome Terraria and Halloween Content! (archived from the original on 21 Sep 2020, 09:41:39 UTC)
- Defenders Forge at the Dungeon Defenders 2 Wiki
- Defender's Forge | Dungeon Defenders Wiki | Fandom (archived from the original on 15 Oct 2023, 15:49:37 UTC)
- "I wanted it to be some kind of boss fight and I was inspired by Terraria: in that game you always initiate the boss fights yourself." Meet the Wither | Minecraft (archived from the original on 30 Sep 2023, 11:04:51 UTC)