|Buff tooltip||Magic powers are increased|
Are you here for a peek at my crystal ball?
The Crystal Ball is a furniture item which functions as a crafting station. Placing and pressing ⚷ Open / Activate on it grants the Clairvoyance buff. It is purchased from the Wizard for 10.
The Clairvoyance buff boosts the following magic-related stats:
- +20 maximum mana
- +5% magic damage
- +2% magic critical strike chance
- −2% mana usage
On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, the Clairvoyance buff lasts until the player dies or leaves the world. On the Old-gen console version and Nintendo version, it lasts for 10 minutes. On all versions, the buff can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon (), by selecting the icon using Cycle Next/Previous Buff and then pressing Remove Buff (), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu (), by double-tapping the buff icon (), or by canceling the buff from the buffs screen ().
Unlike equipment buff items, the Crystal Ball must be placed in order to activate the buff. It can be mined with a pickaxe or drill and picked up again, even while the buff is active, which will not cancel the buff. Placement is only dependent on an adequate space of 2×2 tiles being available.
Used to craft
|Magic Water Dropper|
|Magic Lava Dropper|
|Magic Honey Dropper|
- The Crystal Ball can be activated limitlessly with no cooldown period. It is never consumed, and all players may use it to give themselves the buff.
- Activating the Crystal Ball while the Clairvoyance buff is already active resets the 10-minute buff duration.
- Desktop 1.4.4: Buff duration of 10 minutes removed. The buff now lasts until the player dies or leaves the world.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Sprites updated. Old buff sprite:
- Now used to make Endless Quiver, Endless Musket Pouch, Magic Water, Lava and Honey Droppers, Living Cursed, Ichor, Demon, Frost, Ultrabright Fire Blocks, and Water Candle.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Now used to make Waterfall Block and Lavafall Block instead of their respective walls. Can now also be used to make Confetti Block and Midnight Confetti Block.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Now able to function as a crafting station to create Waterfall Wall and Lavafall Wall.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
- Furniture items
- Crafting station items
- Consumable items
- Vendor items
- Hardmode-only items
- Desktop content
- Console content
- Old-gen console content
- Mobile content
- 3DS content
- Items of rarity 3
- Recipes table with unexpected total number of rows
- Craftable items
- Crystal Ball
- Crystal Ball and Water or Sink
- Crystal Ball and Lava
- Crystal Ball and Honey