Jump to navigation Jump to search
Old-gen console and
Shadow HammerHardmode exclusive
|Banner||Shadow Hammer Banner|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Cobalt Bar (~2–3)33.3%
- Mythril Bar (~2–4)33.3%
- Adamantite Bar (~2–4)33.3%
- Internal NPC ID: 1005
Cursed HammerHardmode exclusive
|AI Type||Flying Weapon AI|
|Banner||Cursed Hammer Banner|
|Debuff tooltip||Cannot use any items|
|Duration||4 seconds8 seconds|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
The Cursed Hammer is a rare Hardmode enemy which spawns in the Underground Corruption. It hovers and spins before lunging at the player, traveling through any blocks to reach them. Any knockback stops its attack, forcing it to pause and spin up again. It can inflict the Cursed debuff.
On the Old-gen console version and Nintendo version, the Shadow Hammer acts as an exclusive version of the Cursed Hammer, featuring increased defense and the chance to drop Hardmode ore bars.
- Like most other enemies with the ability to pass through tiles, Cursed Hammers are unable to spawn if the player is standing in front of valid housing walls.
- Like most other Corruption enemies, Cursed Hammers can also spawn on top of Corrupt grass, Ebonstone, Ebonsand, or Purple Ice. They can do so even if the player is not specifically in a Corruption biome.
- The Arkhalis or Terragrim are excellent weapons to deal with this enemy, as even a single hit forces to recharge its spin. In effect, these weapons can act as a shield surrounding the player, completely impassable by the Cursed Hammer.
- On the Nintendo version, the Cursed Hammer and Shadow Hammer instead have a chance of dropping 2-4 Nature's Gifts, Silver Chandeliers, or Hellforges, also making it the only way to obtain multiple of an accessory in a single stack ( apart from the Guide Voodoo Doll as of 1.4.4).
- Out of the three Flying Weapon enemies, the Cursed Hammer is the only one with a sprite not based on an existing item or an item's previous sprite. Furthermore, it is the only one to feature an exclusive variant.
- The Bestiary entry for the Cursed Hammer: "Magicked through the pure hatred of the Corruption, this weapon flails about attempting to smash anything that breathes."
- Enchanted Sword (NPC), the Hallow counterpart
- Crimson Axe, the Crimson counterpart
- Desktop 1.4.4: Fixed the issue of Cursed Hammers being dramatically rarer than Enchanted Swords, where they should have been about as common as the latter.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Now drops the Meat Grinder.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Can now drop the Nazar.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Removed Shadow Hammer. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Removed Shadow Hammer. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced both variants.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Removed Shadow Hammer.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced both variants.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced both variants.