- Wand of Sparking
- Gray Zapinator
- Aqua Scepter
- Thunder Zapper
- Space Gun
- Ice Rod
- Golden Shower
- Demon Scythe
- Laser Rifle
- Magic Dagger
- Orange Zapinator
- Sky Fracture
- Shadowflame Hex Doll
- Crystal Serpent
- Leaf Blower
- Frost Staff
- Poison Staff
- Heat Ray
- Venom Staff
- Unholy Trident
- Bubble Gun
- Laser Machinegun
- Charged Blaster Cannon
- Last Prism
- Betsy's Wrath
|Use time||16 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||'Rend your foes asunder with a spear of light!'|
- Solar Explosion
The Daybreak is a Hardmode, endgame melee weapon crafted from Solar Fragments obtained from the Lunar Events. It auto-fires projectiles that cost no mana or ammunition. It can be considered a much more powerful and non-consumable Bone Javelin, as its projectiles are affected by gravity and stick to enemies to inflict damage over time.
Up to 8 projectiles can stick to an enemy at once, with each dealing 25 damage per quarter-second, resulting in 800 max DPS from the debuff. When a projectile expires or hits a block, it will explode, dealing damage in an area.
The projectiles also emit a good amount of light, making exploration and finding enemies in the dark much easier.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
total: 1 row(s)
- Melee speed increases the velocity of the Daybreak's spears rather than its fire rate.
- The damage from the debuff is not affected by damage buffs of any kind. This can make its DPS workable even with defensive builds, like those which use the Beetle Shell.
- The Daybreak can only have eight spears in an enemy at one time. Trying to throw more will cause the earliest ones that were stuck in that enemy to explode / despawn.
- The Daybreak is useful against the Moon Lord due to its high single target damage.
- The Solar Eruption, a weapon also crafted from Solar Fragments, can be better for multiple targets.
- The debuff tooltip misspells "Incinerated" as "Incenerated".
- The Daybroken debuff that the Daybreak and the Solar Eruption inflict does not have its own debuff symbol as it currently cannot be inflicted on players. It uses the Stardust Dragon buff icon as an internal placeholder.
- Although not exactly the same in appearance, it looks similar to the spears used by Drakanians.
- Although the tooltip states that the weapon is a spear, it is actually thrown, instead of stabbing like real spears.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Projectiles now explode when expiring, or upon hitting a wall. The explosion does an additional 100% weapon damage, and can hit nearby enemies as well.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Now spreads the debuff to nearby enemies even if the attack kills the target in one hit.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Fixed Daybroken debuff spreading to friendly NPCs, killing them.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.