- Wand of Sparking(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Wand of Frosting(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Gray Zapinator(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Aqua Scepter
- Thunder Zapper(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Space Gun
- Ice Rod
- Golden Shower
- Demon Scythe
- Laser Rifle
- Magic Dagger
- Orange Zapinator(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Sky Fracture(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Shadowflame Hex Doll(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Crystal Serpent(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Leaf Blower
- Frost Staff
- Poison Staff
- Heat Ray
- Venom Staff(Desktop, Console, Old-gen console and Mobile versions)
- Unholy Trident
- Bubble Gun
- Laser Machinegun(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Charged Blaster Cannon(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Last Prism(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Betsy's Wrath(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Zapinator(3DS version)
|Mana||14 (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) / 10 (Old-gen console and 3DS versions)|
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Casts a demon scythe|
|Sell||1 GC50 SC|
- Demon Scythe
The Demon Scythe is a magic weapon that fires a circular projectile when used. The projectile can pierce up to 4 targets, hitting a total of 5 targets. It has very little movement when it initially spawns, then it gradually gains speed. The Demon Scythe has a 1/35 (2.86%) chance of being dropped by Demons and Voodoo Demons in The Underworld.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
- The Demon Scythe's projectiles emit a fair amount of light, and depending on their momentum when impacting a surface, will produce illuminating sparks that continue on the same trajectory, even through thick walls.
- It does not pierce through blocks but if an enemy is directly on the other side of a block, the projectile can damage it as it hits the block.
- The projectile moves at 0.75 tiles per second for one half of a second after it was cast, then increases its velocity by 6% every tick, for 70 ticks. It reaches its maximum speed of 60 mph 1.67 seconds after it was cast.
- The Demon Scythe remains useful into Hardmode, as its damage rate rivals that of many Hardmode weapons, especially when fired up-close for continuous damage while the projectile is still picking up speed.
- It is comparatively inexpensive to reforge.
- The Demon Scythe is useful when fighting the Wall of Flesh as its attacks can pierce The Hungry and Leeches that the boss summons.
- Similarly, the piercing, persistent attacks are very useful against the Eater of Worlds, making the fight more possible even if the player otherwise is not geared up to defeat it.
- If the player is willing to fight the Demons required, the Demon Scythe can become a powerful early-game magic weapon.
- Depending on the player's skill, the Demon Scythe can technically be obtained at any point in the game, as Demons can always naturally spawn.
- The Demon Scythe projectile is called a Demon Sickle in death messages.
- The book may appear with the Demonic modifier, resulting in the name "Demonic Demon Scythe".
- Its item sprite is a recolored Water Bolt.
- The Demon Scythe appears in the video game Dungeon Defenders 2 as a weapon.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Mana usage increased from 10 to 14.
- Desktop 1.2: Mana usage reduced from 14 to 10.
- Desktop 1.1: Mana usage reduced from 18 to 14.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
- A tick is a time unit countable by the software. Most of Terraria's updating logic happens every tick. A tick has the length of 1/60th of a second, hence there are 60 ticks in a second and 3600 ticks in a minute.
- Information taken from the Desktop 126.96.36.199 source code, method
Terraria.Projectile.cs. There may be inaccuracies, as the current Desktop version is 188.8.131.52.