|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
|Duration||102–10 or 20 seconds|
- Internal Buff ID: 20
Hornets are flying enemies found in the Underground Jungle. They follow the Flying AI, floating just out of reach and then charging the player, while also firing stinger projectiles (at an increased rate in Expert Mode(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)).
These stingers have a 1/3 (33.33%) chance to inflict the Poisoned debuff on the player for 10 seconds. In Expert mode, the chance is 1/3 (33.33%) for 20 seconds and 2/3 (66.67%) for 2–10 seconds. The stingers cannot be destroyed with weapons and travel at about the same speed as the darts from a Dart Trap.
3 values: Pre-Hardmode › Hardmode › Post-Plantera
|NPC ID||Type||Health||Damage||Defense||KB Resist||Coins|
|42||Hornet||48/96›104›210/144›156›315||26/52›46›92/78›69›138||12/12›12›24||50%/55%/60%||2 SCPre-Hardmode: 5 SCHardmode: 4 SCPost-Plantera: 8 SC|
|-16||Little Stinger||40/81›88›178/122›132›267||22/44›39›78/66›58›117||10/10›10›20||43%/48%/54%||1 SC70 CCPre-Hardmode: 4 SC25 CCHardmode: 3 SC40 CCPost-Plantera: 6 SC80 CC|
|-17||Big Stinger||57/115›124›252/172›187›378||31/62›55›110/93›82›165||14/14›14›28||60%/64%/68%||2 SC40 CCPre-Hardmode: 6 SCHardmode: 4 SC80 CCPost-Plantera: 9 SC60 CC|
|231||Fatty Hornet||50/100›110›220/150›165›330||22/44›38›78/66›57›117||16/16›16›32||70%/73%/76%||2 SCPre-Hardmode: 5 SCHardmode: 4 SCPost-Plantera: 8 SC|
|-56||Little Fatty Hornet||42/85›93›187/127›140›280||18/37›32›66/56›48›99||13/13›13›27||66%/69%/72%||1 SC70 CCPre-Hardmode: 4 SC25 CCHardmode: 3 SC40 CCPost-Plantera: 6 SC80 CC|
|-57||Big Fatty Hornet||62/125›137›275/187›206›412||27/55›47›97/82›71›146||20/20›20›40||78%/80%/82%||2 SC50 CCPre-Hardmode: 6 SC25 CCHardmode: 5 SCPost-Plantera: 10 SC|
|232||Honey Hornet||42/84›92›184/126›138›276||28/56›50›100/84›75›150||12/12›12›24||40%/46%/52%||2 SCPre-Hardmode: 5 SCHardmode: 4 SCPost-Plantera: 8 SC|
|-58||Little Honey Hornet||33/67›73›147/100›110›220||22/44›40›80/67›60›120||9/9›9›19||28%/35%/42%||1 SC60 CCPre-Hardmode: 4 SCHardmode: 3 SC20 CCPost-Plantera: 6 SC40 CC|
|-59||Big Honey Hornet||48/96›105›211/144›158›317||32/64›57›114/96›86›172||13/13›13›27||49%/54%/59%||2 SC29 CCPre-Hardmode: 5 SC75 CCHardmode: 4 SC59 CCPost-Plantera: 9 SC19 CC|
|233||Leafy Hornet||38/76›82/114›123||30/60›54/90›81||14||55%/60%/64%||2 SCPre-Hardmode: 5 SCHardmode: 4 SC|
|-60||Little Leafy Hornet||34/69›75/104›113||27/55›49/82›74||12||51%/56%/61%||1 SC84 CCPre-Hardmode: 4 SC60 CCHardmode: 3 SC68 CC|
|-61||Big Leafy Hornet||41/83›90/125›135||33/66›59/99›89||15||60%/64%/68%||2 SC20 CCPre-Hardmode: 5 SC50 CCHardmode: 4 SC40 CC|
|234||Spikey Hornet||42/84›92›184/126›138›276||32/64›56›114/96›84›171||6/6›6›12||45%/51%/56%||2 SCPre-Hardmode: 5 SCHardmode: 4 SCPost-Plantera: 8 SC|
|-62||Little Spikey Hornet||32/65›71›143/98›107›215||24/49›43›88/74›65›133||4/4›4›9||33%/40%/46%||1 SC56 CCPre-Hardmode: 3 SC90 CCHardmode: 3 SC12 CCPost-Plantera: 6 SC24 CC|
|-63||Big Spikey Hornet||48/97›106›213/146›160›320||37/74›64›132/111›97›198||6/6›6›13||54%/58%/63%||2 SC31 CCPre-Hardmode: 5 SC80 CCHardmode: 4 SC63 CCPost-Plantera: 9 SC27 CC|
|235||Stingy Hornet||38/76›82›166/114›123›249||34/68›60›122/102›90›183||4/4›4›8||40%/46%/52%||2 SCPre-Hardmode: 5 SCHardmode: 4 SCPost-Plantera: 8 SC|
|-64||Little Stingy Hornet||33/66›71›144/99›107›216||29/59›52›106/88›78›159||3/3›3›6||32%/39%/46%||1 SC74 CCPre-Hardmode: 4 SC35 CCHardmode: 3 SC48 CCPost-Plantera: 6 SC96 CC|
|-65||Big Stingy Hornet||45/91›99›200/137›148›301||41/82›72›147/123›108›221||4/4›4›9||53%/57%/62%||2 SC42 CCPre-Hardmode: 6 SC5 CCHardmode: 4 SC84 CCPost-Plantera: 9 SC68 CC|
- Though the Dragon Hornet appears to have only one stinger like the Hornet, it can drop up to three.
- In reality, a hornet is a type of wasp.
- Despite real hornets not being able to shoot their stingers, they can sting multiple times and can potentially be fatal, especially to those who are allergic.
- The Bestiary entry for the Hornet: "Aggressive flying insects which swarm the jungle depths. Their venomous barbs discharge over great distances at high velocity."
- Bee – a similar, but much less dangerous enemy
- Bee Mount(Desktop, Console, Old-gen console and Mobile versions) – a rideable bee mount
- Hornet minion(Desktop, Console, Old-gen console and Mobile versions) – a hornet minion which fights enemies
- Baby Hornet – a hornet pet (which will not fight)
- Tiphia(Old-gen console and 3DS versions) – a tiphia pet sharing almost the exact same appearance (which will do 1 damage to enemies every ~0.3 seconds, but not chase them)
- Moss Hornet – a Hardmode Hornet type enemy
- Alien Hornet(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) – a Vortex Pillar Hornet type enemy
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Hornets will no longer shoot at the player while Stealthed.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Fixed bug where the Ancient Cobalt Leggings would always be dropped alongside the Ancient Cobalt Helmet, which effectively gave the item a 1/150 (0.67%) drop chance.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Health and damage reduced by 4% and 24% respectively.
- Now have a chance to drop Ancient Cobalt armor when killed.
- Desktop 1.1: Melee damage reduced from 45/38/32 to 40/34/28 respectively.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Poisonous stinger projectile added.
- Hornets are now correctly unable to enter water.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Should not enter water from now on.
- Doesn't make a splash sound when hitting water.
- Variants Big Stinger and Little Stinger introduced.
- Hornets no longer drop Jungle armor, which is instead crafted by the player.
- Desktop 1.0.4: Hornets no longer appear as if they are about to flip over while flying.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Removed Dragon Hornet. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Removed Dragon Hornet. ()
- Console 1.02: Dragon Hornet drops added.
- Console-Release: Introduced along with Dragon Hornet variant.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Removed Dragon Hornet.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced along with Dragon Hornet variant.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced along with Dragon Hornet variant.