The Enchanted Nightcrawler is a harmless critter that appears as a pink and sparkly Worm. They spawn naturally during a Meteor Shower when few clouds are in the sky (such as during a Lantern Night). They can also be obtained by crafting or opening a Can Of Worms. The Enchanted Nightcrawler has only 5 health and no defense, and can be damaged by other enemies and players.
The Enchanted Nightcrawler can be caught with any Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later, or crafted into animated decorative furniture (Enchanted Nightcrawler Cage). Once crafted, the Enchanted Nightcrawler cannot be released again, unless the furniture item is de-crafted via Shimmer(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions).
|Enchanted Nightcrawler(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)||By Hand|
|Enchanted Nightcrawler Cage(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)||By Hand|
- Enchanted Nightcrawlers (and their unenchanted counterparts) will become stuck in 1-tile holes in the ground, which can allow for easy collection during rain. However, this only works if both tiles adjacent to the worm are not hammered inclines (i.e. a full block instead of sloped).
- Nightcrawlers in real life are any of several species of large earthworm, particularly lumbricus terrestris, which are favored for use as bait for angling; this is reflected in-game in how the Enchanted Nightcrawler is usable as bait and has a relatively high bait power.
- The Bestiary entry for the Enchanted Nightcrawler: "Worms infused with fallen star magic glow with a glittering light. Fish are extremely attracted to these."
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 220.127.116.11.4.1: Added changes from Desktop 18.104.22.168.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124.0: Added changes from Desktop 126.96.36.199.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.