Enchanted SwordHardmode exclusive
This article is about the enemy. For the weapon of the same name, see Enchanted Sword
. For the weapon identical to its appearance, see Excalibur
The Enchanted Sword is a Hardmode enemy which spawns in the Underground Hallow. It hovers and spins before lunging at the player, traveling through any blocks to reach them. Any knockback dealt to it disrupts its attack, forcing it to pause and spin again. It can inflict the Cursed debuff.
- Like most other enemies with the ability to pass through tiles, Enchanted Swords are unable to spawn if the player is standing in front of valid housing walls.
- Like most other Hallow enemies, Enchanted Swords can only spawn on top of Hallowed grass, Pearlstone, Pearlsand, or Pink Ice. They can do so even if the player is not specifically in a Hallow biome.
- Like Chaos Elementals, the Enchanted Sword will not spawn if:
- The player is standing in front of a player-placed background wall;
- An NPC is housed nearby.
- (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) The player has not moved or used items for 5 seconds, even when moving on Minecarts or Conveyor Belts. However auto-jumping accessories such as Frog Leg and similar items still count as movement, as does the continuous flight offered by Soaring Insignia. Being grappled into platforms and some other tiles simultaneously counts as movement because the hook resets after 10 minutes.
- The Arkhalis(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) or Terragrim(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) are excellent weapons to deal with this enemy, as even a single hit forces to recharge its spin. In effect, they can act as a shield surrounding the player, completely impassable by the Enchanted Sword.
- The Enchanted Sword can pass through blocks; however, it can be hit through blocks by melee weapons.
- The Enchanted Sword shares the same sprite as Excalibur, except with a blue glow. Both were introduced in the 1.1 update, during which Excalibur was the strongest sword in the game.
- The Bestiary entry for the Enchanted Sword: "Animated by the blessed light of the crystals, it will slice through anything to cleanse the world's evils."