Flask of Fire
|Buff||Weapon Imbue: Fire|
|Buff tooltip||Melee attacks set enemies on fire|
|Duration||20 minutes (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)|
15 minutes (Old-gen console and 3DS versions)
The Flask of Fire is a flask that causes melee weapons and whips(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) to inflict the On Fire! debuff for 3–6 seconds on enemies hit. Melee weapons that fire projectiles will also inflict the debuff on enemies hit by the projectiles (except for the Flairon's bubbles).
The Flask of Fire cannot be used in conjunction with other flasks, and using it will remove any existing flask effects. (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) Like all other flasks, the effect will not be canceled when the player dies.
- The Flask of Fire is a cheap way of providing light when exploring underground in early Hardmode. While the Hellstone cost may be high, the buff lasts for quite a long time and persists after death.
- It is the only non-renewable flask in the game, since Hellstone is generated in a finite amount per world and cannot be fished from crates.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Flasks now last across death.
- Buff duration increased from 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now requires 3 Hellstone instead of 5.