|Debuff tooltip||It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts|
The Frostburn Arrow is a type of arrow which has a chance to inflict the Frostburn debuff upon hitting an enemy.
(Old-gen console and 3DS versions) Similar to Flaming Arrows, Frostburn Arrows have a 1/9 (11.11%) chance to drop as Frostburn Arrows and a 2/9 (22.22%) chance to drop as Wooden Arrow.
- Unlike Flaming Arrows, Frostburn Arrows remain lit when shot into, or under water.
- Of the 32 enemies which are immune to Frostburn, only 6 spawn in pre-Hardmode.
- Frostburn Arrows have decisive advantages over Wooden or Flaming Arrows, especially during the early game:
- They are made from very common crafting ingredients: 30 Frostburn Arrows require only 1 Wood of any kind, 1 Gel, 1 Ice Block, and 30 Wooden Arrows.
- Frostburn does slightly more damage than On Fire! and cannot be put out underwater.
- Frostburn Arrows can be replaced by using the Endless Quiver(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) with Frost armor, as the armor's set bonus imbues all ranged and melee attacks with the Frostburn debuff.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Damage increased from 7 to 9.
- Crafting output increased from 5 to 10.