Frozen Turtle Shell
|Buff tooltip||Damage taken is reduced by 25%|
|Duration||Infinite (while health is below 50%)|
Ice Tortoise Ice Tortoise |1||(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) 2% / (Old-gen console and 3DS versions) 1%|
This article is about the Ice Tortoise drop. For the Giant Tortoise drop, see Turtle Shell
The Frozen Turtle Shell is a Hardmode accessory that has a (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) 1/50 (2%) / (Old-gen console and 3DS versions) 1/100 (1%) chance of being dropped by the Ice Tortoise, an enemy found in the Ice biome. It grants the Ice Barrier buff when equipped, with the effects varying between versions:
- (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) Gives 25% damage reduction as long as their health remains at or below 50%.
- (Old-gen console and 3DS versions) Gives the player 30 defense when below 25% health.
While not normally visible, it displays as a small blue circle spinning around the character that emits light when active.
- (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) This accessory works well with the Shrimpy Truffle, which gives the player a damage and speed boost when at or below 50% life.
- The Frozen Turtle Shell is useful for fighting bosses and events, which usually expose the player to constant damage, thus activating the accessory more often than during regular gameplay.
- Turning on autopause and swapping to this accessory when below 50% life may be advisable.
- Despite it being a Turtle Shell, it is dropped by the Ice Tortoise.
- The buff can be canceled, although it will immediately activate again.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Now grants 25% damage reduction instead of 30 defense.
- Buff now triggers when player is at 50% health, instead of 25%.