|Coins||90 CCPre-Hardmode: 2 SC25 CCHardmode: 3 SC60 CCPost-Plantera: 5 SC40 CC|
Not to be confused with the Ghost
, the form Hardcore
players take after dying.
The Ghost is an enemy that spawns in the Cavern and Underground layers during the Halloween seasonal event.
On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, Ghosts will spawn in the Graveyard mini-biome, regardless of time. They also have a chance to spawn when breaking Tombstones.
Ghosts behave like Wraiths, hovering above the ground and passing through solid tiles to reach the player. In order for Ghosts to travel up to players, they must have a solid block to pass through, or else they will stay hovering just above the ground.
- When a Tombstone is broken, there is a 1/2 (50%) chance it will cause a Ghost to spawn if there are already less than 2 Ghosts active in the world, and any of the following conditions are met:
- It is nighttime.
- The player is in a Graveyard biome.
- The Tombstone was placed below the surface layer.
- If spawning when a Tombstone is broken and there is no off-screen ground suitable for the ghost to spawn, the ghost will instead spawn on-screen and can even spawn directly next to the player.
- Ghosts can be attacked through walls with melee weapons that cannot usually hit through walls – this makes spears and whips especially effective. Both are still great for dealing with large hordes of Ghosts, because they can hit many of them at once.
- In Journey Mode(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions), even when the enemy spawn rate is set to 0× the normal rate, mining up Tombstones may still cause Ghosts to spawn.
- The Bestiary entry for the Ghost: "During the most harrowing times, these apparitions float aimlessly through the depths to steal the life from those they envy."
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Knockback resistance increased from 40% to 50%.
- Damage decreased from 18 to 15.
- Defense decreased from 8 to 4.
- Health decreased from 70 to 50.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Ghosts are more likely to despawn, and the conditions which allow them to spawn has been reduced as well as the maximum number of them.
- ↑ Information taken from the Desktop 22.214.171.124 source code, method
Terraria.WorldGen.cs. There may be inaccuracies, as the current Desktop version is 126.96.36.199.