|AI Type||Golem Body AI|
|Max Life||390005850074586 (total)|
70001050013387 (each fist)
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Beetle Husk (4–8)100%
- Greater Healing Potion (5-15)100%
- Treasure Bag(Golem)
- Beetle Husk (18–23)100%
- Internal Buff ID: 24
Golem is summoned by using the ⚷ Open / Activate key on the Lihzahrd Altar, located in the final Jungle Temple chamber, while at least one Lihzahrd Power Cell is in the player's inventory. A Lihzahrd Power Cell is contained within each of the Jungle Temple's Lihzahrd Chests, and can be dropped rarely by Lihzahrds or Flying Snakes (
2*1/50 (2%) chance). Golem spawns directly above the Altar. Plantera must have already been defeated at least once in the current world in order for Golem to spawn successfully. Otherwise, nothing will happen and the power cell will not be consumed.
While Golem's main body can not normally pass through blocks, its fists, lasers, and head (when detached in the second phase) can. On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, if the body's path to the player is blocked, it will leap on the player, allowing it to pass through all barriers (similar to the behavior of a biome mimic).
Golem shoots ricocheting fireballs, attacks with its fists that extend from chains, and jumps around. These increase in frequency as each part takes more damage. Golem's fists can travel through blocks, but have limited range, and will also retract immediately upon being hit with any weapon. Golem jumps around more often when a fist is destroyed. This compounds when both fists are destroyed.
When the head falls below half health (8000 / 12000 / 15300), all previous attacks continue, but the eyes will begin to fire eye lasers that can travel through blocks. It fires more rapidly as it takes more damage, and the fists do not retract when hit with a weapon. Golem's head turns, which indicates who it is targeting.
When Golem's stone head has taken full damage, it detaches itself and becomes invincible, capable of passing through blocks. Its body (9000/13500/17212 health) then becomes the target. If the fists have not been destroyed, they will continue to attack the player more rapidly while the body continues to jump around. The head follows same attack pattern as before and will increase in frequency when the body is damaged. The only way to defeat Golem at this point is to completely destroy his body, which will also destroy his head, ending the fight.
On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, Golem becomes "enraged" if it has to follow the player outside of the Underground Jungle, either through being lead or awoken outside of it. This causes Golem to jump around faster and, if its head is below half health, it will fire his lasers faster. However, it does not have increased damage or defense. Golem will return to its normal behavior when returned to the Underground Jungle.
Unlike Plantera, Golem's enraged behavior is not noticeable until reaching the end of its first form, when it begins jumping around and firing lasers at a faster rate. Furthermore, the difference between his enraged and normal behavior will not be noticeable to most without deliberately switching between the two.
Once Golem is defeated:
- Cultists spawn at the Dungeon's entrance which when killed, summons the Lunatic Cultist and then the Lunar Events (as long as certain other conditions are also met – see details).
- For this to happen, Skeletron must have been defeated at least once - the Old Man spawning will override the Cultists' spawning.
- Martian Probes begin spawning randomly, which can trigger the Martian Madness event.
- Summoning the Old One's Army after Golem has been defeated triggers the most difficult "Tier 3" version of the event enabling you to fight Betsy.
- The Steampunker will begin to sell the Steampunk Wings.
- The Party Girl will begin to sell the Celebration. ().
- Like most bosses, Golem will despawn if the player travels too far away, including traveling back through the Lihzahrd Temple.
- Golem's map icon maps its head, not its core, so when the head flies off, the map icon follows it.
- Golem's fist attack will only fire at the player when they are in the middle or to the same side as the fist. A fist will not cross Golem to strike a player, even if the other fist has been destroyed. However, if the player is above or below Golem using Wings, grappling hooks, Platforms, etc., both arms will fire at the player.
- If the head chases a player too far away, the body despawns and the head will explode. In this case, no drops will be obtained and the game does not register Golem's defeat, forcing a second fight to progress the game.
- Heart Arrows are able to freeze Golem's body parts if they connect. This includes the invincible head.
- Unlike most bosses, Golem is affected by the low gravity in the Space biome. As a result, its jump attack will rise much higher (often off the top of the screen) and take longer to land.
- In some cases, the terrain surrounding the altar will cause Golem to get stuck when it spawns. It can attack with its fists and projectiles but will be unable to jump around. Players can also recreate this condition by placing blocks near the altar.
- It is possible to actuate Lihzahrd Bricks. By actuating the blocks below the Lihzahrd Altar, it can be picked up and placed in a different, possibly more suitable arena. This is only possible after Plantera has been defeated.
- A golem is a being from Jewish folklore, a living being created from mud or clay and through rituals in order to defend townspeople from attacks. The theme persists in stories and video games today.
- In Golem's first form, as his health gets lower, his head appears looser, bouncing on its own when Golem jumps.
- Despite the sprite update in 126.96.36.199, the achievement icon was not updated.
- The Bestiary entry for the Golem: "A remarkable display of ingenuity constructed by the Lihzahrd clan. Powered by solar energy cells, it is ready to guard the Temple."
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Fixed an NPC smoothing issue.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Sprite updated.
- Golem attacks more aggressively the more players are present in Expert mode, and is also slightly harder to cheese.
- Golem will now enrage when out of the jungle or on the surface.
- Will now pass through blocks if necessary.
- Defeating Golem causes the Party Girl to sell the Celebration
- Picksaw will now drop in addition to his other loot, rather than being part of his main drop pool.
- Added two Master Mode drops, Guardian Golem and Golem Relic.
- Desktop 1.3.4: Defeating Golem unlocks tier 3 version of Old One's Army.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Now unable to spawn until Plantera has been defeated.
- Has increased health, damage, and defense.
- Its attacks are able to penetrate walls.
- Now drops 15, 4-8 Beetle Husks, and Golem Mask.
- Now immune to Poisoned and On Fire!.
- Golem can now successfully move through platforms.
- Summoning Golem will now properly only use one Power Cell.
- Will now flee to despawn after all players have been killed.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.