|AI Type||Passive Worm AI|
- Internal NPC ID: 485
Grubby is one of three critters that occasionally spawn in the Jungle or Underground Jungle biome when a player breaks a background plant, the others being Sluggy (rarer) and Buggy (rarest). Grubby is the most common of the three. Grubby has only 5 health and no defense, and can be damaged by other enemies and players.
Grubby can be caught with any Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later, or crafted into animated decorative furniture (Grubby Cage). Once crafted, the Grubby cannot be released again.
Grubby can be used as bait for fishing, with 15% bait power.
Grubby can be spawned by the Buggy Statue, however statue-spawned critters cannot be caught with any Bug Net, and will disappear in a puff of smoke when the player attempts to do so.
|Grubby Cage||By Hand|
|Grub Soup||Cooking Pot|
|Buggy Statue||Heavy Work Bench and Ecto Mist|
- The Bestiary entry for Grubby: "Slimy, yet satisfying! Fish are somewhat attracted to these."
- The text "Slimy, yet satisfying!" may be a reference to Disney's The Lion King. The quote is used by two characters, Pumbaa and Simba, to describe the grubs (insects) they eat in the jungle.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Changed "Fish are especially attracted to these." in the Bestiary desription to "Fish are somewhat attracted to these."
- Desktop 1.3.1: Can now be used to craft Buggy Statues.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.