- Wand of Sparking
- Wand of Frosting
- Gray Zapinator
- Aqua Scepter
- Thunder Zapper
- Space Gun
- Ice Rod
- Golden Shower
- Demon Scythe
- Laser Rifle
- Magic Dagger
- Orange Zapinator
- Sky Fracture
- Shadowflame Hex Doll
- Crystal Serpent
- Leaf Blower
- Frost Staff
- Poison Staff
- Heat Ray
- Venom Staff
- Unholy Trident
- Bubble Gun
- Laser Machinegun
- Charged Blaster Cannon
- Last Prism
- Betsy's Wrath
|Damage||12 / 9 (Summon)|
|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Use time||22 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons a hornet to fight for you|
|Sell||70 !!Error: Invalid EICONS input! / 1|
- Internal Item ID: 2364
- Internal Buff ID: 125
- Internal Projectile ID: 373
The Hornet Staff is a pre-Hardmode summon weapon. It spawns a hornet minion that follows the player and attacks enemies with a ranged stinger attack, similar to the Hornet enemy's attack. The stingers travel in a straight line, do not pierce, and inflict the Poisoned debuff for 4–7 seconds. Like other minions, the summoned Hornet is invincible and follows the player for an unlimited amount of time, unless the player dies, summons a replacement minion, cancels the buff, or leaves the world.
The Hive Pack increases the firing rate of Hornet summons by about 30%.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, minions cannot deal critical hits. The only lasting advantage a Mythical Hornet Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
|Hornet Staff||Iron Anvil|
- The Hornet Staff has one of the fastest attack speeds out of all the ranged minions, comparable to the Stardust Cell Staff.
- Hornet – an enemy of similar appearance
- Bee – a very small enemy of similar appearance
- Bee Mount – a mount of somewhat similar appearance
- Baby Hornet pet – a hornet pet (which will not fight)
- Tiphia pet – a tiphia pet (which will do 1 damage to enemies every ~0.3 seconds, but not chase them)
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Sprites updated.
- Sell value decreased from 1 to 70.
- Desktop 1.4.4: The Hive Pack now increases the firing rate of Hornet Summons by about 30%.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Damage increased from 11 to 12.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Damage increased from 9 to 11.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Added requirement of 10 mana.
- Fixed a bug where the minion buff did not disappear upon leaving a world.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced, requires 10 mana.
- Console 1.08: Introduced, requires 10 mana.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced, requires 10 mana.