|Buff tooltip||Nearby enemies are ignited|
The Inferno Potion is a buff potion that grants the Inferno buff when consumed. It casts a ring of fire around the player that deals 20 (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) / 10 (Old-gen console and 3DS versions) damage per second and inflicts the Hellfire (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) / On Fire! (Old-gen console and 3DS versions) debuff for 2 seconds on enemies inside, as well as giving off light. Critters and other passive NPCs are unaffected. This lasts for 4 minutes, but can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon (), by selecting the icon using Cycle Next/Previous Buff and then pressing Remove Buff (), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu (), by double-tapping the buff icon (), or by canceling the buff from the buffs screen ().
It can be crafted or found in Shadow Chests in The Underworld.
- Enemies that are immune to the On Fire! and Hellfire debuffs are also immune to damage from the potion's ring of fire.
- Crafting this potion requires a Hotline Fishing Hook, a Lavaproof Fishing Hook, or lava critters, as its two fish ingredients can only be caught in lava.
- On the Nintendo version, the inferno keeps damaging enemies when going to the armor section in the player's inventory. However, the timer for it will still go down.
- While the ring deals minimal damage to most Hardmode enemies, it is very useful against enemies that throw destructible projectiles, as these are easily destroyed by the ring. Examples include Duke Fishron with his Detonating Bubbles and Plantera with her spores.
The ring of fire that appears when using the Inferno Potion.
The ring of fire at night.
The ring of fire animated.
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Damage increased from 10 to 20.
- Now inflicts Hellfire instead of On Fire!.