- Internal Item ID: 3208 (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Internal Tile ID: 376 (8)
The Jungle Crate is a pre-Hardmode crate that can only be fished in the Jungle. It contains items found in standard crates and always contains an item normally found in Ivy Chests within Jungle Shrines or Living Mahogany Trees. Its Hardmode counterpart is the Bramble Crate.
- Jungle Crates contain valuable loot that can greatly aid the player in pre-Hardmode without the need to defeat any event, boss, or venture far into any deadly biomes.
- As the Jungle has many surface ponds, some can be very deep, and it can be very easy to set up a viable outpost for fishing. Ideally, the base should sit right atop the water, or over the entire pond altogether, to prevent flying enemies from getting in.
- The Jungle Crate resembles the ancient wooden cage ambient object. However, the object is unrelated and has no function other than being broken.
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Reduced quantity of dropped ores from 30–49 to 20–35.
- Reduced quantity of dropped bars from 10–20 to 6–16.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Will no longer drop Hardmode items, even if opened after the Wall of Flesh has been defeated in a world.
- All Biome Crates now drop ores.
- Flower Boots and Bamboo added to its loot table.