- Wand of Sparking(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Wand of Frosting(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Gray Zapinator(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Aqua Scepter
- Thunder Zapper(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Space Gun
- Ice Rod
- Golden Shower
- Demon Scythe
- Laser Rifle
- Magic Dagger
- Orange Zapinator(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Sky Fracture(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Shadowflame Hex Doll(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Crystal Serpent(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Leaf Blower
- Frost Staff
- Poison Staff
- Heat Ray
- Venom Staff(Desktop, Console, Old-gen console and Mobile versions)
- Unholy Trident
- Bubble Gun
- Laser Machinegun(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Charged Blaster Cannon(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Last Prism(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Betsy's Wrath(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Zapinator(3DS version)
|Knockback||0.25 (Extremely weak)|
|Use time||10 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||'Fire a lifeform disintegration rainbow'|
- Last Prism Laser
- Last Prism
The Last Prism is a Hardmode, post-Moon Lord magic weapon that fires several beams of light that converge into one focused beam as it charges, dealing massive damage. It has one of the highest base DPS in the game at the cost of rapidly consuming mana. It has a 2/9 (22.22%) chance of dropping from the Moon Lord.
The Last Prism projects six rainbow-colored beams that deal individual damage as they begin to rotate, then spin faster as they converge into one concentrated beam. This process takes exactly 3.365 seconds, with each beam continuing to deal the weapon's full base damage. The fully-converged beam deals three times the weapon's base damage, or 300 damage per hit. Unlike most piercing attacks, the weapon hits 12 times per second (every 5 game ticks). The mana cost will increase exponentially as the beam converges.
Due to its high mana cost (72 mana per second; 12 mana 6 times per second when fully charged), players will struggle to maintain the beam for more than 5-6 seconds. Usage of the Mana Flower, Magic Cuffs, Nebula armor, and a large supply of Super Mana Potions with the Last Prism is recommended.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
- The Last Prism consumes significantly less mana while unfocused. Consider firing in short holds if there is no need for the concentrated beam, such as when facing large enemies or groups.
- While held, the Last Prism's aim works in a sweeping motion, so turn rate is reduced.
- Due to the rapid hit of the converged beam, it is possible for the lifesteal set bonus from the Spectre Hood to not produce a healing orb when using the converged beam to attack enemies.
- The beam will stop firing after 1 minute of continuous use, but will continue to drain mana.
- The beam may partly clip through blocks visually, although it cannot pass through blocks. Due to its hitbox, it is possible for the beam to deal damage to targets directly behind a 2-tile thick wall, but this feature has little practical usage.
- When combining the Last Prism's base damage of 100 with accessories such as the Celestial Emblem, Sorcerer Emblem, Avenger Emblem, and other damage boosters such as Nebula armor or the Clairvoyance buff from the Crystal Ball, it is possible to double its damage output.
- Although Super Mana Potions are the only effective way to continuously fire the beam, the Mana Sickness debuff they incur heavily reduces its damage output. If this is not of the player's concern, the Mana Flower can be a helpful asset. If it is, there are quite a few other workarounds:
- It is also possible to set up statues of enemies with a 1 Second Timer and use minions or traps/lava to kill them. Then, using the Celestial Magnet or its upgrades, the player continuously picks up mana Stars. Statues of the Skeleton, Crab, Slimes, and other less mobile enemies with lower health values are recommended.
- One can also use Magic Cuffs (or Celestial Cuffs) while standing on Spikes to fire the beam indefinitely. With a Celestial Stone, this results in very slow health loss, such that one can recover with potions. While not effective against many fast-moving bosses, it can be useful in events such as the Old One's Army. Although Spikes inflict the Bleeding debuff on contact, this can be remedied by equipping an Adhesive Bandage or its upgrades.
- With Nebula armor, an enemy statue farm (provides buffs), magic-boosting accessories, and a proper arena, it is possible to reach 250,000 points in the Pumpkin Moon. A similar effect can be achieved in the Frost Moon.
- With an enemy statue farm, it is possible to use the Last Prism almost infinitely by collecting the Stars dropped by killed enemies. Star Statues can also help with this.
- With Nebula armor, a Mana Flower, the Crystal Ball's buff and Magic Power Potions, the Moon Lord can be defeated far before the 60-second use time of the Last Prism expires.
- It is only recommended to use it in open-area combat as the beams cannot go through solid blocks. The Lunar Flare, another magic weapon dropped by the Moon Lord, serves better for this purpose.
- The Last Prism beam has the same sound effect as the Phaseblade/Phasesaber.
- This item could be considered an upgrade to the Charged Blaster Cannon, as both have a high-DPS beam.
- The Last Prism used to have the highest overall DPS of any weapon in Terraria, but it has since been surpassed by the Zenith.
- However, it still possesses the highest magic DPS in the game, capable of reaching up to 15,000 DPS against a single Target Dummy.
- The beams change to various different colors if the character's name is one of the following names listed below, which are the names of various testers for Terraria. Having the name "Random" will also randomize the colors. The same effect is true of the drops from the Empress of Light.
List of names Name Color(s) Acamaeda Green/Yellow/Orange Aeroblop Green/Yellow Alchemystics Pink/Blue/Light Blue Antithesis Purple/Blue Arkhalis Pink/Blue Aurora3500 Green/Dark Green Bame Blue/Yellow Cenx Green/Pink Criddle Orange/Red/Pink/Purple Crowno Purple/Blue Darkhalis Pink/Blue Darthkitten White/Red darthmorf Dark Red/Black Devalaous Purple/Blue/Light Blue Discipile Cyan/Black Doylee Red/Pink/Blue Ghostar White/Blue Grox The Great Light Blue/Green Jaxrud Yellow/Green Jenosis Purple/Blue/Light Blue Kazzymodus Green Khaios Dark Green/Black Lazure Light Blue/Blue/Pink Leinfors Purple/Blue Loki Red/Black ManaUser Blue/Light Blue/Green Mid Dark Red/Pink/Purple Nike Leon Orange/Red Nimbus Purple/Black ppowersteef Blue/Black RBrandon Red/Black Redigit Blue Serenity Pink/White Sigma Yellow/Orange/Red Suweeka Blue/Light Blue/Green teiull Purple/Blue/Green/Yellow Tsuki Pink Unit One Blue/Light Blue/Green/Yellow Vulpes Inculta Purple/Blue W1K Purple/Blue Waze3174 Blue/Light Blue/Green/Yellow Xman101 Green/White Yoraiz0r Pink Zoomo Purple
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Now has a token knockback value, allowing access to better modifiers.
- Added unique beam colors if the player's name is Bame, Nimbus or teiull.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Added unique beam colors if the player's name is Discipile.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Added unique beam colors if the player's name is Cenx, Crowno, Lazure, Jaxrud, Acamaeda, Alchemystics, Antithesis, Aurora3500, Criddle, Darthkitten, darthmorf, Jenosis, Kazzymodus, Khaios, Loki, ManaUser, Mid, ppowersteef, RBrandon, Redigit, Serenity, Sigma, Unit One, Vulpes Inculta, Waze3174, Xman101 or Zoomo.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Fixed silent crash when using Last Prism in Multiplayer.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Added unique beam colors if the player's name is Grox the Great.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Added unique beam colors if the player's name is Suweeka, W1K or Random.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Added unique beam colors if the player's name is Nike Leon.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- A tick is a time unit countable by the software. Most of Terraria's updating logic happens every tick. A tick has the length of 1/60th of a second, hence there are 60 ticks in a second and 3600 ticks in a minute.