Jump to navigation Jump to search
|AI Type||Firefly AI|
- Internal NPC ID: 654
The Lavafly is a critter that spawn occasionally in the Underworld at night. Lavafly has only 5 health and no defense, and can be damaged by other enemies and players.
Lavafly can only be caught with the Lavaproof Bug Net or the Golden Bug Net. Trying to catch it with a standard Bug Net will only set the player on fire. After being caught, it can be carried around in the inventory and released later, or crafted into animated decorative furniture (Lavafly in a Bottle). Once crafted, the Lavafly cannot be released again.
Lavafly can be used as bait for fishing, with 25% bait power. Using it as bait also allows fishing in lava.
|Lavafly in a Bottle||By Hand|
- Attempting to catch a Lavafly with a standard Bug Net will deal 1 damage to the player and inflict On Fire! for 5 seconds / 10 seconds / 13 seconds.
- Like Fireflies, Lavaflies are difficult to see in the Underworld at high resolutions, appearing as a blinking speck on the screen.
- The Bestiary entry for the Lavafly: "A variation of firefly which adapted to the intense conditions of the world's infernal core. It mimics sparking embers."
- Magma Snail, another Underworld critter
- Hell Butterfly, another Underworld critter
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 184.108.40.206.4.1: Introduced.
- Switch 220.127.116.11.5: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168.0: Introduced.