Lunar Portal Staff
Lunar Portal Laser
The Lunar Portal Staff is a Hardmode, post-Moon Lord sentry summon weapon. It can summon the Lunar Portal sentry, which lasts for 10 minutes/ 2 minutes, remains stationary, and does not count against the player's minion capacity. The Lunar Portal Staff has a
22.22*2/9 (22.22%) chance of being dropped by the Moon Lord.
It fires a continuous beam that sweep across enemies within its 60-tile range.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, minions cannot deal critical hits. The only lasting advantage a Mythical Lunar Portal Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
- The Lunar Portal cannot target or attack enemies through blocks.
- The portal gives off light and has no restrictions where it can be placed, allowing the player to find caves easily.
- By default, only one sentry can be placed at a time, and attempting to place another will remove the previous sentry unless the player is wearing an accessory or a piece of armor that increases sentry capacity.
- The portal fires a beam that will sweep across enemies in a wide arc, so it should be positioned in a way that allows it to sweep the beam across a large section of the ground. This facilitates hitting large numbers of enemies, inflicting high DPS to enemies and bosses made up of segments like The Destroyer. Generally, this means making sure to place it fairly high over head, although of course it varies based on terrain.
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Damage increased from 50 to 100.
- Cooldown between beams reduced from 90 to 30.
- It now can fire two lasers instead of one.
- Lasers swing faster and cover a wider arc.