- Wand of Sparking
- Wand of Frosting
- Gray Zapinator
- Aqua Scepter
- Thunder Zapper
- Space Gun
- Ice Rod
- Golden Shower
- Demon Scythe
- Laser Rifle
- Magic Dagger
- Orange Zapinator
- Sky Fracture
- Shadowflame Hex Doll
- Crystal Serpent
- Leaf Blower
- Frost Staff
- Poison Staff
- Heat Ray
- Venom Staff
- Unholy Trident
- Bubble Gun
- Laser Machinegun
- Charged Blaster Cannon
- Last Prism
- Betsy's Wrath
|Damage||42 / 32 (Magic)|
|Knockback||2 (Very weak) / |
0 (No knockback)
|Mana||5 / 4|
|Use time||12 (Very fast)|
- Quarter Note
- Eighth Note
- Tied Eighth Note
- Internal Item ID: 494
- Internal Projectile ID: 76, 77, 78
The Magical Harp is a Hardmode magic weapon that autofires ricocheting, piercing projectiles that graphically resemble purple musical notes. Each projectile lasts for about four seconds before dissipating and will both ricochet and pierce enemies an unlimited number of times until this time limit is reached. The Magical Harp's musical notes gain a 5% damage penalty for each enemy hit. Notes produce a reasonable amount of purple light and are not affected by gravity.
The speed of each note can be controlled by clicking closer or further away from the character: Closer clicks fire slower-moving notes, and further clicks fire faster notes. The speed at which each note travels does not affect its lifespan; all last about four seconds. The Magical Harp also plays sound while firing that resembles plucked strings, with a pitch that correlates to the weapon's firing speed: firing slowly produces lower-pitched sounds, and faster firings produce higher-pitched sounds.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Its best modifier is Demonic or Deadly for damage output, or Mystic for mana conservation because it cannot get modifiers that affect knockback.
|Magical Harp||Mythril Anvil|
- Even at top firing speed, notes are still relatively slow in comparison to other projectiles.
- Notes from the Magical Harp receive the Frost armor's set bonus.
- The size of the game window appears to change how far the mouse/click needs to be for certain projectile speeds. Smaller screens do not have to move the cursor as far to shoot a faster/higher-pitched note.
- Low, slow notes can hit large enemies multiple times, while fast, high notes are more likely to hit moving targets.
- The harp's infinite piercing projectiles are exceptionally effective for killing worm-type enemies, especially The Destroyer.
- Due to the slow speed and bouncing capabilities of the projectiles, the harp is useful for fights in small spaces, e.g. against Golem.
- The harp's sprite is always shown while held, unlike most weapons that only show while firing.
- The harp can be considered a direct upgrade from the Water Bolt; its projectiles have more damage and can bounce and pierce more. However the projectiles will only last 4 seconds and do not have any knockback / barely have knockback, removing the Water Bolt's useful ability of keeping enemies away.
- Despite playing musical tones when fired, lowering the "Music" option from the audio will not make the Magical Harp go quiet.
- The harp's notes fired appear to be quarter notes, eighth notes, and paired eighth notes, though these notes only differ visually and do not have different stats. These notes are also backward when fired, only being turned around to the correct facing after bouncing off a surface.
- Water slows down the notes' speed even though in the real world, sound travels faster in water.
- Desktop 1.4.4: Knockback increased from 0.25 to 2.
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Damage increased from 32 to 42.
- Now has knockback (knockback increased from 0 to 0.25).
- Mana cost increased from 4 to 5.
- For each additional target a note projectile hits, the damage is now decreased by 5%.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Crafting requirements lowered:
- Crystal Shards decreased from 25 to 20.
- Souls of Sight decreased from 20 to 15.
- Souls of Night decreased from 12 to 8.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Damage increased from 30 to 32.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Notes from the Magical Harp now count as magic and should trigger the Spectre armor set bonus.
- Desktop 1.2: No longer requires Gold Bars to craft.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.