Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Damage||23 / 40 (Ranged)|
|Use time||40 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||A small explosion that puts enemies on fire|
Lights nearby area on fire for a while
- Molotov Cocktail
- Molotov Fire 1
- Molotov Fire 2
- Molotov Fire 3
- Internal Item ID: 2590
- Internal Buff ID: 24
- Internal Projectile ID: 399, 400, 401, 402
The Molotov Cocktail is a consumable ranged weapon with a relatively short throwing arc. Upon hitting a solid object or enemy, it will explode and release flaming embers. Contact with these projectiles deals damage and inflicts the On Fire! debuff. Its high damage and ability to inflict fire damage makes it a powerful early- to mid-pre-Hardmode weapon. Unlike other explosives, this weapon will not damage the thrower.
|Molotov Cocktail10||By Hand|
- The flaming embers only deal 65% damage (14 base damage) to the Eater of Worlds.
- This item is particularly effective at clearing Spider Nests and vines due to its many bouncing fireballs that can break large quantities of Cobweb and vine at once.
- It is also quite effective for several boss fights:
- Eater of Worlds (for damaging its segments, despite dealing reduced damage to it)
- Brain of Cthulhu (defeating the Creepers)
- Wall of Flesh (defeating The Hungry)
- Molotov cocktails were originally gasoline-filled bottles used as anti-tank weapons by the Finnish Army against the Russians during the Winter War of 1939. The name came from Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Molotov, a Soviet politician who claimed the Russians' air bombings were actually airdropped food. Finnish soldiers mocked this by saying the "cocktails" were drinks to go with the "food". The term is still used to refer to any small makeshift fire grenade made from a bottle of flammable liquid with a lit cloth as fuse.
- Desktop 1.4.4: Now takes Gel to craft instead of Pink Gel.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Damage type changed from Throwing to Ranged.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Damage reduced from 40 to 23.
- Damage type changed from Ranged to Throwing.
- Crafting recipe changed:
- Ale decreased from 10 to 5.
- Pink Gel added.
- Quantity produced decreased from 10 to 5.
- Now only deals 65% damage to the Eater of Worlds.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Made changes up to Desktop 188.8.131.52. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Made changes up to Desktop 184.108.40.206. ()
- Console 1.08: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.