|Set Bonus||10% extra melee damage,|
Cannot be set on fire (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
17% extra melee damage (Old-gen console and 3DS versions)
|Sell||2 GC10 SC (set)|
Molten armor is an armor set consisting of the Molten Helmet, Molten Breastplate, and Molten Greaves. It has the highest defense of any pre-Hardmode armor set, but can also be one of the most difficult to obtain.
A full set of Molten armor provides the following benefits:
- +25 defense
- +17% melee damage
- (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) +7% melee speed
- (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) +7% melee critical strike chance
- (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) Immunity to the On Fire! debuff
- If the full set is visible, it will leave a fire trail similar to that of the Meteor armor.
It takes a total of 45 Hellstone Bars to craft a full set of Molten armor, or 135 Hellstone and 45 Obsidian.
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Molten Helmet now gives 7% melee critical chance.
- Molten Breastplate now gives 7% melee damage.
- Molten Leggings now give 7% melee speed.
- The 17% melee damage set bonus has been reduced to 10%.
- Players wearing a full set of Molten armor cannot be inflicted with the On Fire! debuff.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Set bonus damage increased from 15% to 17%.
- Removed the light effect while moving when wearing the full set.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Now requires Gold armor to be crafted.
- Defense of each piece increased by 1.
- Set bonus changed from 5 defense to +15% damage, wearing full set produces light effect while moving.
- Desktop 1.0.3:
- Defense of each piece reduced by 2.
- Set bonus increased from 0 to 5 defense (set bonus was previously listed as 10, but was not in effect).
- Armor sprite updated.