|AI Type||Flying AI|
|Banner||Moss Hornet Banner(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
|Duration||102–10 or 20 seconds|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- 16.67% (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Tattered Bee Wing((Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) Only after one mechanical boss has been defeated
(Old-gen console and 3DS versions) At any time)(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) 1% / (Old-gen console and 3DS versions) 0.67%
- Internal Buff ID: 20
Compared to the more random flying patterns of pre-Hardmode Hornets, Moss Hornets act more aggressively, hovering closer to the player's position and shooting their stingers in rapid bursts. The stingers have a 1/3 (33.33%) chance to inflict the Poisoned debuff to the player for 10 seconds. In Expert Mode(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions), the chance is 1/3 (33.33%) for 20 seconds and 2/3 (66.67%) for 2–10 seconds. They cannot be destroyed with weapons and travel at about the same speed as the darts from a Dart Trap.
Moss Hornets have a (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) 1/100 (1%) / (Old-gen console and 3DS versions) 1/150 (0.67%) chance to drop Tattered Bee Wing. On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, it will only drop after one Mechanical boss has been defeated in the world. It is solely used in the creation of Bee Wings.
All variants of Moss Hornets have identical drops.
3 values: Pre-Hardmode › Hardmode › Post-Plantera
|NPC ID||Type||Health||Damage||Defense||KB Resist||Coins|
|-18||Tiny Moss Hornet||176/352/528||56/112/168 (contact)
4896 (ranged attack)
|17||40%/46%/52%||4 SC80 CC12 SC|
|-19||Little Moss Hornet||198/396/594||63/126/189 (contact)
54108 (ranged attack)
|19||45%/51%/56%||5 SC40 CC13 SC50 CC|
|176||Moss Hornet||220/440/660||70/140/210 (contact)
60120 (ranged attack)
|22||50%/55%/60%||6 SC15 SC|
|-20||Big Moss Hornet||242||77 (contact)
66132 (ranged attack)
|24||55%||6 SC60 CC|
|-21||Giant Moss Hornet||264/528/792||84/168/252 (contact)
72144 (ranged attack)
|26||60%/64%/68%||7 SC20 CC18 SC|
- (Old-gen console and 3DS versions) Moss Hornets contribute towards the total for dropping the Hornet Banner and do not have their own banner.
- (Old-gen console and 3DS versions) Even though Moss Hornet seems to have a stinger on its sprite, they do not drop Stingers.
- The Bestiary entry for the Moss Hornet: "The empowered flora of the Jungle has merged with these species of Hornet, strengthening their exoskeletons and stingers."
- Bee – a similar, but much less dangerous enemy
- Bee Mount(Desktop, Console, Old-gen console and Mobile versions) – a rideable bee mount
- Hornet minion(Desktop, Console, Old-gen console and Mobile versions) – a hornet minion which fights enemies
- Baby Hornet – a hornet pet (which will not fight)
- Tiphia(Old-gen console and 3DS versions) – a tiphia pet (which will do 1 damage to enemies every ~0.3 seconds, but not chase them)
- Hornet – a pre-Hardmode version of the Moss Hornet
- Alien Hornet(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) – a Vortex Pillar Hornet type enemy
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Now has a chance to drop Stingers.
- Tattered Bee Wing drop rate increased from 1/150 to 1/100.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.