Nano Bullet

From Terraria Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Nano Bullet
  • Nano Bullet item sprite
Stack digit 9.pngStack digit 9.pngStack digit 9.pngStack digit 9.png
Damage15 (Ranged)
Knockback3.6 (Weak)
Base Velocity4.6
Velocity Multiplier
TooltipCauses confusion and bounces back after hitting a wall
RarityRarity level: 3
Sell8 CC
Research99 required
Inflicts Debuff
Debuff tooltipMovement is reversed
Duration1-3 seconds
Projectile created
  • Nano Bullet
    Nano Bullet
The Nano Bullet being used with The Undertaker.

Nano Bullets are a type of bullet available post-Plantera and are one of six types of craftable ammunition made from Empty Bullets, which are sold by the Arms Dealer after Hardmode has been enabled. Shooting an enemy with Nano Bullets will inflict enemies with the Confused debuff, causing them to have their movement reversed, running away from the player rather than towards them; the Confused debuff has a 33.3% (1/3) chance to last for 3 seconds, and a 66.7% (2/3) chance to last for 1 second. Has the second highest base damage for a bullet, just tied with Venom Bullets at 15 and beaten by Luminite Bullets.

Nano Bullets do not inflict debuffs to players.

(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) When fired, they can bounce off a solid block one time in the direction of the closest enemy, at the cost of inflicting only 2/3rds of its damage.

The cost of a stack of 50 Nano Bullets is 17 SC50 CC, which is 35 CC per bullet. The cost of crafting 1000 Nano Bullets (20 stacks of 50) is 3 GC50 SC.



ResultIngredientsCrafting station
Nano BulletNano Bullet50Work BenchWork Bench


  • (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) Nano Bullets are a cheap alternative to Chlorophyte Bullets due to their bounce effect. This is useful for situations like the Hardmode Dungeon or a Solar Eclipse, where a weapon like the Tactical Shotgun or rapid-fire weapons can spray Nano Bullets, bouncing around corners and towards difficult-to-see enemies, and saving Chlorophyte Bars for boss fights.
  • While many enemies are immune to the Confused debuff, Nano Bullets are otherwise useful for keeping those not immune at bay.
    • Since the only Hardmode enemies immune to the Confused debuff in a post-Plantera Dungeon are the Dungeon Spirit, Giant Cursed Skull, and the Paladin, one can easily neutralize the majority of relevant enemies in the Dungeon just by using this bullet. The same goes for the Flask of Nanites.


  • Desktop 1.4.1:
    • Can now perform a homing bounce off of solid blocks.
    • Changed tooltip from "Causes confusion" to "Causes confusion and bounces back after hitting a wall".