- Internal NPC ID: 670, 678–684
Town Slimes are a type of town pet. There are 8 different Town Slimes; different from the Town Bunny, Town Cat, and the Town Dog, all kinds of Town Slimes can all exist at the same time, with each Slime having different move-in conditions. As with most other NPCs, the condition only needs to be fulfilled once; the Town Slimes will respawn on their own should they be killed.
|Nerdy SlimeInternal NPC ID: 670||Moves in upon the defeat of King Slime.|
|Cool SlimeInternal NPC ID: 678||Moves in when there is a natural active Party.|
|Elder SlimeInternal NPC ID: 679||Moves in after unlocking an Old Shaking Chest in the Cavern Layer with a Golden Key after defeating Skeletron.|
|Clumsy SlimeInternal NPC ID: 680||Moves in after breaking the balloon of the Clumsy Balloon Slime in the Space Layer.|
|Diva SlimeInternal NPC ID: 681||Moves in after throwing or discarding a Sparkle Slime Balloon into Shimmer.|
|Surly SlimeInternal NPC ID: 682||Moves in when fished up during a Blood Moon.|
|Mystic SlimeInternal NPC ID: 683||Moves in after using Purification Powder on a Mystic Frog in the Jungle.|
|Squire SlimeInternal NPC ID: 684||Moves in after dropping a Copper Helmet or a Copper Shortsword on a slime.|
- Sonar Potions can identify the Surly Slime. Its name is displayed in red, like other fishable Blood Moon enemies, though it is not hostile towards the player.
- Only the following types of slimes can be transformed into the Squire Slime:
The Town Slimes may have any of the following names:
- Swiggity Swooty
- Sir Slushington III
- Slippery Sal
- Semper Serus
- Seniore Slash
- Shortsword Saxon
- Six-Swing Serge
- "Burble bubble? Hrm!"
- "Babble babble blub... gulp!"
- "Kaplunk! Hmm... bleb. Uh-huh."
- "Sizzle fo shizzle!"
- "Yo, slurp glurp!"
- "Hrumble grumble!"
- "Poot... ahem!"
- "Glug glug? Pshaw!"
- "*Awkward Silence*"
- "Plop. Pop... splat."
- "Dribble bleam!"
- "Sprinkle, tinkle!"
- "Ripple? Blip blop!"
- "Murble burble... glup!!!"
- "Hiss! Gargle! Grrrrr..."
- "Burp... heh."
- "Bubble bubble! Boil glubble!"
- "Blobra kaslobra!"
- "Blip blop, huzzah!"
- "Kerslash! Kersplish!"
- "Squish 'n sploink!"
- The Town Slimes are based on the Slime Prince and the Slime Princess, two Master Mode-exclusive pets dropped by King Slime and Queen Slime respectively. Most of them have the same body shape as the pets, with different colors, accessories, and facial expressions.
- The Cool Slime has the exact same facial expression as the Slime Prince.
- There is an unused line of text in the game's files: "The license teleports away to the slime delivery service..." It suggests that Town Slimes were originally planned to be unlocked with a license like the other town pets.
- One of the Mystic Slime's quotes, "Bubble bubble! Boil glubble!", is a reference to a quote from the tragedy Macbeth by William Shakespeare, chanted by the Three Witches: "Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn and cauldron bubble." (act IV, scene I). This line is sometimes misquoted as "Bubble bubble, toil and trouble", popularized by the American animated television series DuckTales. In the episode "Much Ado About Scrooge", a group of witches on an island chants "Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble. Leave this island on the double."
- All of the names for the slimes start with the letter S.
- Some of the Nerdy Slime's possible names are references:
- "Samwise" references Samwise Gamgee, a supporting character from the fantasy novel The Lord of the Rings.
- "Sine" references the mathematical wave of the same name.
- "Sheldon" references Sheldon Cooper, the main character from the American television sitcom The Big Bang Theory.
- "Sherman" is a reference to the American-Canadian animated television series The Mr. Peabody & Sherman Show.
- "Shibboleet" references comic #806 of the webcomic xkcd.
- "Sonic" references Sonic the Hedgehog, the protagonist of the Japanese video game series and media franchise of the same name.
- "Spock" references the character of the same name from the American science fiction media franchise Star Trek.
- "Sputnik" references the Russian satellite launched during the space race.
- "Stiltskin" references the German fairy tale "Rumpelstiltskin".
- Some of the Cool Slime's possible names are references:
- "School" is likely a reference to the phrase "too cool for school".
- "Slimer" may be a reference to the enemy of the same name.
- "Slurm" is likely a reference to the drink on the American animated science fiction sitcom Futurama.
- "Swiggity Swooty" references the old internet saying "Swiggity swooty, I'm comin' for that booty."
- Some of the Elder Slime's possible names are references:
- "Scrooge" is a reference to Ebenezer Scrooge from the 1843 novella A Christmas Carol.
- "Slimdalf" references Gandalf, a protagonist in the fantasy novels The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.
- "Slumbledore" is a reference to Albus Dumbledore from the fantasy novel series Harry Potter.
- "Smithers" likely references Waylon Smithers from the American animated sitcom The Simpsons.
- "Spinkerton" is one of Redigit's nicknames.
- "Stanford" likely references Stanford Pines from the American mystery animated television series Gravity Falls.
- "Stonks" is a reference to the "stonks" meme, an intentional misspelling of stocks.
- Some of the Diva Slime's possible names are references:
- "Shimmer" and "Sparkle" are likely references on how to obtain the Diva Slime.
- "Stardew" is likely a reference to the farming game Stardew Valley.
- Some of the Surly Slime's possible names are references:
- "Scarface" references a nickname of American gangster and businessman Al Capone.
- "Slickfather" references the 1972 American crime movie The Godfather.
- "Slimeballa" references the enemy Snow Balla.
- "Slippery Sal" might reference the character Saul Goodman from the TV series Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, and his nickname "Slippin' Jimmy".
- "Slurpee" references the carbonated slushy commonly sold by gas stations and convenient stores.
- "Smeagol" references Sméagol, later named Gollum, from the fantasy novels The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.
- "Squeezo" might be a reference to a joke pre-release concept for Undertale in which the main character is called the step-cousin of an otherwise unmentioned character called Squeezo.
- "Stressball" references how the Surly Slime is always stressed, and the real-life stress ball, a type of toy.
- Some of the Mystic Slime's possible names are references:
- Some of the Squire Slime's possible names are references:
- "Scooby", one of the possible names for the Elder Slime, and "Scrappy", one of the possible names for the Squire Slime, may be references to Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo, respectively, from the American animated media franchise Scooby-Doo.
- Nerdy Slime: "Just a smidge cleverer than other slimes, this slime discovered how to coexist with humans. The secret: accessorizing!"
- Cool Slime: "Easily the coolest slime around, no question. You can tell from the backwards hat and indecipherable slang."
- Elder Slime: "Older, though not necessarily wiser, the other slimes look up to the Elder Slime. If it survived this long, it must know something!"
- Clumsy Slime: "This slime was a little confused when the other slimes started putting on hats and accessories. But it did its best."
- Diva Slime: "Born of the combined energies of Shimmer and the Queen Slime, this slime is full of boundless energy and enthusiasm! And so fancy!"
- Surly Slime: "Irascible and insufferable, this grumpy slime is probably up to no good. Probably. It's the thought that counts, really."
- Mystic Slime: "This slime knows that great witches wear impressive hats, but it only found a droopy one. Might explain the backfired polymorph!"
- Squire Slime: "A hero amongst slimes, it wields the greatest arms and armor known to its kind. It doesn't actually know how to use them, but it's a start."
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Dropping a Sparkle Slime Balloon into Shimmer in item form will now also spawn Diva Slime.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: The Squire Slime can now also be created from one of the following types of slimes: White Present Slime, Green Present Slime, Red Present Slime, Bunny Slime, and Yellow Present Slime.
- Desktop 1.4.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.4.4: Introduced.
- Switch 1.4.4: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.4.4: Introduced.
- Information taken from the Desktop 18.104.22.168 source code, method
Terraria.Item.cs. There may be inaccuracies, as the current Desktop version is 22.214.171.124.
- Information taken from the Desktop 126.96.36.199 source code,
in the localization file
There may be inaccuracies, as the current Desktop version is 188.8.131.52.