From Terraria Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Desktop versionConsole versionMobile version
Desktop/Console/Mobile-Only Content: This information applies only to the Desktop, Console, and Mobile versions of Terraria.
  • Pigronata item sprite
  • Pigronata placed
Stack digit 9.pngStack digit 9.pngStack digit 9.pngStack digit 9.png
Placeable✔️ (4 wide × 3 high)
Use time15 (Very fast)
TooltipBeat the shindig out of it!
May contain a suprise!
RarityRarity level: 0
Buy1 GC
Sell20 SC
Research1 required
  • Internal Item ID: 3746 (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
  • Internal Tile ID: 454

Pigronatas are placeable furniture items hung by the player from the underside of blocks, similar to banners. When hit with a weapon, they are destroyed in a shower of confetti, and drop coins and/or other loot. Pigronatas are purchased from the Party Girl during Parties for 1 GC each.


BaconBacon(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)1–25/192 (2.6%)
Party BulletParty Bullet30–901/9 (11.11%)
Flask of PartyFlask of Party11/3 (33.33%)
Silver CoinSilver Coin10–2007/9 (77.78%)


  • There is a 2/9 (22.22%) chance that nothing will drop.[1]
  • Party Bullets will only drop if a Flask of Party also drops. A Flask of Party can drop without any Party Bullets.
  • The average amount of coins dropped by a Pigronata is 57 SC66.67 CC.[2]
  • There is a 14/576 (2.43%) chance that one Bacon is dropped, and only a 1/576 (0.17%) chance that two Bacons are dropped.[3] This means that when Bacon is dropped, there is a 1/15 (6.67%) chance that two are dropped and a 14/15 (93.33%) chance that only one is dropped, i.e. the average drop quantity is 1.067 (16/15).


  • An easy way to break a lot of Pigronatas at once is to grapple a roof and simply place them. The hook will break the Pigronata, allowing the player to go through them much quicker.
    • Another way is to throw a Spiky Ball to the ground in a three-tile high corridor and place Pigronatas on it, which will also break them.
  • Given the average coin yield of 57 SC66.67 CC, the net cost of buying and breaking Pigronatas in bulk averages 42 SC33.33 CC apiece. The sale price of the other drops averages 3 SC91.11 CC per Pigronata.
  • The Pigronata is a way to obtain Party Bullets and Bacon before Hardmode. By buying and breaking Pigronatas one can get Party Bullets at an average net cost of 5 SC78.33 CC per bullet and Bacon at an average net cost of 14 GC83 SC20 CC per piece (assuming all the other drops are sold).
    • Bacon is a very useful item, tied for the second best food item in the game (with the BBQ Ribs), beaten only by the Golden Delight (which gives the same buff at twice the duration).
    • On the flip side, the pre-Hardmode cost of getting it this way is considerably higher than the 10 GC price of using a Golden Delight (unless counting the money the player makes back).
  • When the Party Girl is housed in the Hallow biome adjacent to both the Wizard and Zoologist (with no other NPCs housed nearby), and the Discount Card or Greedy Ring are equipped, Pigronatas can be bought for only 60 SC each. This allows for a net profit of 2 SC88.15 CC when all drops are sold with the maximum sell value bonus of 133% (i.e. for 5 SC21.48 CC per Pigronata).
    • If the player chooses to keep the very useful Bacon, turning a profit is no longer possible, as it is worth 3 SC70.37 CC. In this case, the net cost of a Pigronata averages to 82.22 CC, and the net cost of Bacon averages to 29 SC60 CC apiece (assuming all other drops are sold at maximum happiness in both cases).


  • Pigronata is a portmanteau of Pigron, an enemy found in underground Hallow/Corruption/Crimson snow biomes, and piñata, a festive object filled with goods, hung, and then broken with a stick.



  1. Information taken from the Desktop version Desktop source code, method CheckChand() in Terraria.WorldGen.cs.
  2. Information taken from the Desktop version Desktop source code, method CheckChand() in Terraria.WorldGen.cs.
  3. Information taken from the Desktop version Desktop source code, method CheckChand() in Terraria.WorldGen.cs.