- Wand of Sparking(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Wand of Frosting(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Gray Zapinator(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Aqua Scepter
- Thunder Zapper(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Space Gun
- Ice Rod
- Golden Shower
- Demon Scythe
- Laser Rifle
- Magic Dagger
- Orange Zapinator(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Sky Fracture(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Shadowflame Hex Doll(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Crystal Serpent(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Leaf Blower
- Frost Staff
- Poison Staff
- Heat Ray
- Venom Staff(Desktop, Console, Old-gen console and Mobile versions)
- Unholy Trident
- Bubble Gun
- Laser Machinegun(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Charged Blaster Cannon(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Last Prism(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Betsy's Wrath(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Zapinator(3DS version)
|Use time||8 (Insanely fast)|
|Tooltip||Allows you to go into stealth mode|
- Internal Item ID: 3106 (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
The Psycho Knife is a Hardmode, post-Plantera melee weapon that has a 1/40 (2.5%) / 79/1600 (4.94%) chance to be dropped by the Psycho during the Solar Eclipse event. When holding the Psycho Knife and standing still, the player will quickly enter stealth mode, causing them to turn almost completely transparent, move much more slowly, and no longer be targeted by enemies.
Stealth mode is engaged gradually over the course of about one second, during which the weapon's stats are steadily boosted up to the following values:
- +300% damage (340 base damage)
- +30% critical chance (34% base chance)
- +100% knockback (7 (Strong) base knockback)
Stealth mode is disengaged when successfully attacking an enemy, when switching to a different weapon or when riding a mount. Swinging the weapon alone does not cancel stealth, nor does walking or flying. Standing still again afterward re-engages it. Moving or swinging the weapon during the one-second transition period, however, will cancel stealth mode.
Its best modifier is Legendary. Due to rounding, the Light modifier gives the same speed bonus as Legendary, with fewer other bonuses.
- The Psycho Knife only receives 33% of any melee speed bonus.
- At a base level, the Psycho Knife is tied with the Fetid Baghnakhs as the fastest melee weapon in the game. However, given the Baghnakhs' 75% melee speed bonus reduction compared to the Psycho Knife's 66% melee speed bonus reduction, the Psycho Knife is capable of reaching higher speeds overall, thus making it functionally the fastest melee weapon in the game.
- The stealth mode that is activated by the Psycho Knife is somewhat similar to that of the Shroomite armor's set bonus, in that both stealth bonuses activate while remaining still for a period of time.
- However, more akin to Vortex armor, moving will not deactivate it.
- The stealth-mode horizontal speed reduction even applies when using wings to fly. Vertical flight speed, notably, remains unaffected.
- All melee weapons are affected by the increased stats from stealth mode; however, this effect cannot be seen in-game, as switching weapons cancels the stealth bonus.
- The dash attacks that can be used with the Solar Flare armor's set bonus and the Shield of Cthulhu gain the damage bonus from the Psycho Knife's stealth.
- Other players can see a player that is using Psycho Knife's stealth if they are missing health, as the health bar will be shown above their head.
- If the player enters stealth, holds the attack button to autoswing their Psycho Knife, and uses the Quick Mount function, they will retain stealth while using their mount until an enemy is hit by the weapon or they stop swinging.
- Enemies which fire projectiles and certain flying enemies will target through stealth.
- Projectile firing enemies will not, however, chase the stealthed player.
- By gaining the Striking Moment buff from the Brand of the Inferno(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) before switching to the Psycho Knife, one can easily deal over 2,000 damage in a single hit if it is a critical hit.
- Dash accessories or armor (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) (e.g. Shield of Cthulhu, Master Ninja Gear, or Crystal Assassin armor(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)) can be used to great effect to move faster while in stealth mode.
- A hook can be used to achieve similar effect. Grappling the floor in front of the player and quickly jumping will boost the player's movement speed significantly.
- If buffed correctly, the Psycho Knife can achieve more damage than the Zenith.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Damage increased from 70 to 85.
- Use time decreased from 20 to 8.
- Now only gains 33% benefit from increased melee speed stats.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Received changes from Desktop 184.108.40.206.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.