|Use time||17 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Minor improvements to melee stats & lowered defense|
'Drink too much of this, and you become karate master.'
|Debuff tooltip||Increased melee abilities, lowered defense|
- Internal Item ID: 2266 (Desktop, Console, Old-gen console and Mobile versions)
- Internal Buff ID: 25
Sake is a potion that gives the player the Tipsy debuff, which increases melee damage, but lowers the player's defense. This lasts for 4 minutes, twice as long as Ale. It is purchased from the Traveling Merchant for 5 SC.
The Tipsy debuff has the following effects:
This content is transcluded from Tipsy.
Like all other food items, the Sake can be placed on a Plate(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions).
- The Well Fed buff partly negates the −4 defense penalty of Tipsy.
- The highest tier of said buff, Exquisitely Stuffed, completely negates the defense penalty of Tipsy.
- Saké is a Japanese alcoholic beverage made from fermented rice.
- The saké bottle appears to have お, the Hiragana character for "O", on it. In Japanese, "O" is a particle used to convey respect of value. For example, sushi and sake are almost always referred to as osushi and osake, respectively.
- The tooltip is likely a reference to drunken boxing martial art styles. Despite the name, they are not martial arts used by drunken fighters, but are martial arts that imitate the movements of a drunk person.