Scorpions can be caught with any Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later, or crafted into animated decorative furniture (Scorpion/Black Scorpion Cage). Once crafted, the Scorpions cannot be released again, unless the furniture item is de-crafted via Shimmer(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions).
Scorpions can be spawned by the Scorpion Statue, however statue-spawned critters cannot be caught with any Bug Net, and will disappear in a puff of smoke when the player attempts to do so.
|Black Scorpion Cage||By Hand|
|Scorpion Statue(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)||Heavy Work Bench(Desktop, Console, Old-gen console and Mobile versions) and Ecto Mist(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)|
- The detailed spawning conditions of scorpions are as follows:
- If there are town NPCs nearby, scorpions can spawn on regular Sand Blocks at any time.
- If there are no town NPCs nearby, scorpions can only spawn on regular Sand Blocks that is not submerged in liquids at daytime. They also cannot spawn in Graveyard(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) and Ocean biomes.
- Scorpion: "Harmlessly scuttles around the desert looking for food. Fish are barely attracted to these."
- Black Scorpion: "Despite its menacing appearance, it is quite docile unless threatened or facing smaller prey. Fish are occasionally attracted to these."
- Sand Poacher(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions), a scorpion-like enemy.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Can now be sold for 15 SC.
- Desktop 1.2.4:
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.