All of the Shadow Armor's effects, including the Rocket Boot's purple flames.
Shadow armor is an armor set that consists of the Shadow Helmet, Shadow Scalemail, and Shadow Greaves. The individual pieces provide a total of 19 defense, equal to its Crimson counterpart, Crimson armor.
On Desktop, Console, and Mobile, each of the 3 pieces provide a +5% boost to universal critical strike chance (for a total of +15%), while wearing all 3 pieces at once grants an additional set bonus of +15% movement speed and acceleration.
On Old-gen console and , each of the 3 pieces provide a +7% boost to melee attack speed (for a total of +21%), while wearing all 3 pieces at once grants an additional set bonus of +15% movement speed.
Wearing a full set causes the player to display an afterimage effect during motion (similar to Necro armor), emit shadow particles, and will cause the Rocket Boots to emit purple flames (this does not occur with Spectre Boots or any of its derivatives).
Crafting a full set requires a total of 60 Demonite Bars (180 (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) / 240 (Old-gen console and 3DS versions) Demonite Ore) and 45 Shadow Scales. Defeating the Eater of Worlds twice can provide enough to craft a full set.
Shadow armor pieces are interchangeable with pieces from the Ancient Shadow armor set, while still providing the same 15% increased movement speed set bonus, but not the afterimage effect.
- The set bonus is still given if Shadow armor and Ancient Shadow armor are mixed. However, the visual after-image effect that comes with either set will not be given.
- Despite requiring the fewest resources to craft, the Shadow Helmet sells for the most.
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Set bonus reworked to provide a more flexible speed increase system, similar to Magiluminescence. Unlike Magiluminescence, this works while in the air.
- +7% Melee speed on each piece has been removed, and replaced with +5% universal Critical chance.
- Shadow armor is now used to craft Ancient Shadow armor via shimmer.
- Desktop 1.1:
- Bars requirement reduced by 5 for each item (from 20/30/25, respectively).
- Graphics variant for female characters added.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- 15% bonus for full set changed from melee attack speed to movement speed.
- Each piece of armor now gives 7% to melee attack speed.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Full set turns Rocket Boots's sparks purple.
- The Eater of Worlds no longer drops Shadow armor pieces when slain.