- Internal Item ID: 3337 (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
The Shiny Stone is an Expert Mode accessory that increases the rate of health regeneration slowly over time when the player is not moving or using any tools or weapons. The Shiny Stone is found in the Treasure Bag dropped by Golem in Expert Mode.
The health regeneration slowly increases from roughly 10 health gained per second to roughly 40 health gained per second (for players with enough health capacity to recover for that long). A yellow particle effect over the player signifies that the boost is engaged, which also emits a good deal of light from the player onto the surrounding area.
- Taking damage, using most items, moving, or Bleeding will all reset the health regeneration's acceleration. Using a fishing pole or consuming a recovery potion will not.
- If the player is moving at a very low speed, it can still take effect.
- Health regeneration is still possible if the player is sitting still while riding a mount or Minecart, or while grappled.
- If the player is inflicted with any damage-over-time debuff other than Poisoned (such as On Fire!), the Shiny Stone will reduce or stop the damage caused by the debuff instead of providing health regeneration.
- If the player has a positive health regeneration, it will give an additional 0.5 HP/s regeneration effect.
- Teleporting via the Rod of Discord does not count as a movement, but will reset the timer if the player is damaged by the Chaos State debuff.
- Teleporting via Teleporters does not count as movement. Therefore, the player can constantly teleport from point to point while keeping the health regeneration and dodging attacks.
- The Shiny Stone will slightly amplify the effects of some other healing items or buffs, as well as increasing base healing speed, even when the player is in motion and/or using items.
- The Shiny Stone synergizes well with certain other items:
- Crimson armor increases the Shiny Stone's regeneration effect by 50% and accelerates its buildup by 20%.
- The Honey buff increases the Shiny Stone's regeneration buildup by 40%.
- (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) Sitting in a chair increases the Shiny Stone's regeneration effect by 50% and accelerates its buildup by 200%.
- The Volatile Gelatin and Spore Sac grant the player a passive attack, which is helpful while not moving.
- The Flying Knife and summon weapons can be used without slowing down the regeneration effect.
- Shroomite armor provides offensive ranged bonuses when standing still.
- The Shiny Stone's art is a reference to the Ankh Jewel from the platform-adventure video game La-Mulana.
- It takes 34.3 seconds of not moving or being damaged to reach the Shiny Stone's top healing speed. Of course, even with the Lifeforce buff any player is likely to be completely healed by then.