The Sign is a decorative furniture item that can store a player-written message. A Sign must be placed and then the ⚷ Open / Activate button must be pressed on it to edit or display its message. A Sign can be placed on top of blocks, beside them, or hanging from their underside. On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, they can also be placed on walls. A Sign's message can be up to 10 lines long, at 48 characters max per line, for a total of 480 characters maximum per sign. Signs can be used for decoration, labeling areas, adventure text, etc.
(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) There is a maximum limit of 1000 placed Signs that can be written on in each world. If more than 1000 are put down, only the first 1000 Signs that are interacted with can be edited; the rest do not open a menu upon pressing ⚷ Open / Activate (until one of the first 1000 Signs is removed). Verify
|Announcement Box(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)||Iron Anvil|
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Hover to read now introduced.
- Can now be placed on background walls.
- Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Fixed bugs with the Sign / NPC chat display again.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Fixed bug where Sign bubbles would appear in the wrong place during reversed gravity.
- Fixed bug where info accessories displayed info when you looked at empty Signs but not when you looked at Signs with text.
- Fixed bug where the selected item was affected by pressing numbers while editing Signs.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Destroying a placed Sign while you are reading it will no longer cause your character to become frozen.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Can now be placed on walls.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.