Animation of the Slap Hand. Note the extremely high knockback
The Slap Hand is a Hardmode melee weapon that is notable for having extremely high knockback – a rating of 20, one of the highest values among all player-caused sources of knockback. Aside from this, it functions as a normal broadsword, swung over the player's head.
It is purchased from the Skeleton Merchant for 25 during a Hardmode Blood Moon.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- While not an especially potent weapon, the Slap Hand's extremely high knockback makes it a good choice for keeping enemies away instead of directly fighting.
- With a decent knockback modifier and a Titan Glove (or one of its upgrades) equipped, the Slap Hand can easily catapult most enemies very far away.
- It can be useful when spelunking or exploring when the player does not want to fight, due to the ease at which it can force enemies out of one's way.
- Hitting a Snow Flinx, wingless Slimer, or especially a Pinky results in massive knockback, as they have negative knockback resistance.
- Due to their nature, flying enemies (notably Corruptors) can be easily sent flying far off the screen with this weapon, causing them to despawn.
- A Blood Moon, the requirement for purchasing the Slap Hand, can be summoned manually with a Bloody Tear.
- The Jousting Lance and its upgrades have no upper limit on knockback and can thus surpass the Slap Hand's knockback. For instance, the Shadow Jousting Lance inflicts a knockback of 23.47 if the player is moving at 60 mph.
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Damage increased from 35 to 55.
- Use time reduced from 21 to 20.
- Now has a unique sound when hitting an enemy with it.