Jump to navigation Jump to search
|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Banner||Snow Flinx Banner|
|Coins||2Pre-Hardmode: 5Hardmode: 4|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 185
For the summon weapon, see Flinx Staff.
The Snow Flinx is an enemy that can be found in the Ice biome, located within the Cavern layer. It is very susceptible to knockback, and when hit, will tumble over and fly backwards.
- The Snow Flinx will repeatedly hit a closed door in its path, but it is unable to open it.
- The Snow Flinx bears a striking resemblance to the Topi, an enemy from the 1984 video game Ice Climber, specifically the American and European censored sprite of the Topi.
- The Snow Flinx has the fourth least knockback resistance, the third being Slimer without its wings, and the first being a tie between Pinky and the Golden Slime.
- Because of this, weapons like Slap Hand and Golem Fist can knock it back for enormous distances.
- The Bestiary entry for the Snow Flinx: "A strange, round furry mammal with an unusually large, protruding nose. They are extremely lightweight."
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Snow Flinxes can now consistently spawn on Ice/Snow. Previously, was incapable of spawning on Snow or Ice under most conditions.
- Changed the drop rate of Flinx Fur, from 50% chance to drop 1-3, to 100% chance to drop 1-2 (a 50% overall increase). The Expert drop rate has changed from 90% to 100% to drop 1-3.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Can now drop Flinx Fur.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Can now drop the Compass.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.