- 210% (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
|Placeable||✔️ (1 wide × 1 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
The Spear Trap is a trap found naturally in the Jungle Temple and, rarely, outside the Temple's door. When activated, it launches a spear in a straight line that can pierce an infinite number of targets and retracts upon hitting a solid block or reaching its maximum range of 19.5 tiles. It has a cooldown of (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) 1.5 seconds / (Old-gen console and 3DS versions) 2 seconds between firings. The spear deal 120 / 240 / 360 damage to players (60 damage to NPCs, enemies, and critters).
(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) Spear Traps can be rotated 90° with a hammer.
- As with all piercing projectiles, spear will inflict invincibility frames.
- (Old-gen console version) In singleplayer, Spear Traps inflict the Frostburn debuff if the player wears Frost armor.
- Spear Traps are good for battle arenas.
- When actuated, Spear Traps can be used as a very efficient way to kill off bosses, or clear waves in events like Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon, easily.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Spear Traps can no longer be broken with Explosives before Golem has been defeated.
- Desktop 1.3.1:
- Sprite updated.
- Can now be hammered to rotate 90 degrees at a time.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Cooldown reduced from 2s to 1.5s.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Fixed bug where traps could critically hit.
- Desktop 1.2.3: No longer shoots the retracting spear head upwards like a projectile if the trap is in inactive state (by the means of an Actuator).
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Fixed a graphical bug with Spear Traps.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.