Squirrels can be caught with any Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later, or crafted into animated decorative furniture (Squirrel / Red Squirrel Cage). Once crafted, the Squirrels cannot be released again, unless the furniture item is de-crafted via Shimmer(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions).
Squirrels can be spawned by the Squirrel Statue, however statue-spawned critters cannot be caught with any Bug Net, and will disappear in a puff of smoke when the player attempts to do so.
|Red Squirrel Cage(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)||By Hand|
|Grilled Squirrel(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)||Cooking Pot|
|Squirrel Statue(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)||Heavy Work Bench(Desktop, Console, Old-gen console and Mobile versions) and Ecto Mist(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)|
- On the Mobile version, Squirrels used to emit a dark blue glow at night.
- Squirrel: "Fast moving and erratic woodland creatures with grayish-brown fur. Got nuts? "
- Red Squirrel: "Rare, red-furred hyperactive rodents which scurry about the woods."
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Changed "greyish" to "grayish" in Squirrel's Bestiary description.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Added Red Squirrel.
- Squirrels now have a sell value of 5 SC.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Can now be caught with the Bug Net and put in cages.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced Squirrel.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Added Red Squirrel. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Added Red Squirrel. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Added Red Squirrel.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Added Red Squirrel.