Stoned is a debuff which causes the player to turn into stone, rendering them immobile and unable to use items. Additionally, fall damage is greatly increased and the distance required before fall damage can occur is reduced. If the player is riding a mount, they will be dismounted. It also disables any accessories that grant immunity to fall damage, including the Lucky Horseshoe and all types of wings. However, the effects of the debuff can be negated by Pocket Mirror (which grants immunity to it), Djinn's Curse, and Featherfall Potion.
The debuff can only be inflicted by Medusa when the player is in her line of sight and looking at her during her attack state. The debuff lasts 1–4 seconds, depending on how long Medusa has been in the attack state before the player faced her. Medusa cannot petrify any player not facing her direction or otherwise not being within line of sight.
|Medusa(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)(Stare attack)||1–4 seconds||1/1 (100%)|
- Quick Heal works under the debuff.
- When the player has more than one player input disabling debuffs active at a time, this is the priority for the effects applied on the player:
- Desktop 1.3.5: Fixed death message always being "<Player name> was slain."
- Desktop 1.3.1:
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Medusa now needs a straight line of sight to trigger the debuff while attacking.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 184.108.40.206. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 220.127.116.11. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 18.104.22.168.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 126.96.36.199.