True Eye of Cthulhu
Jump to navigation Jump to search
True Eye of CthulhuHardmode exclusive
|AI Type||True Eye of Cthulhu AI|
70140210 (Phantasmal Bolt)
110220330 (Phantasmal Sphere)
70140210 (Phantasmal Eye)
100200300 (Phantasmal Deathray)
- Internal NPC ID: 400
Not to be confused with the Eye of Cthulhu boss or The Eye of Cthulhu yoyo.
The True Eye of Cthulhu is an invincible Hardmode enemy that spawns when an eye of the Moon Lord is defeated. Since the Moon Lord has three eyes to defeat before his core is revealed, there will eventually be three True Eyes of Cthulhu pursuing the player until the end of the battle.
- A True Eye of Cthulhu will appear after an eye in the head or either hand of the Moon Lord is slain. It will orbit the Moon Lord and pursue the player, using mostly the same attacks that were used before it was released.
- Phantasmal Bolts: The eye shoots two laser bolts at the player, correcting for the player's movement. These can be dodged by changing direction rapidly.
- Phantasmal Spheres: The eye generates six copies of itself and flings them at the player all at once.
- Phantasmal Eye: The eye flies in circles, releasing homing eye projectiles. After they begin homing in on the player, they can be avoided by flying upwards.
- Phantasmal Deathray: The eye fires a miniature version of the Moon Lord's Deathray which will sweep at a 120 degree cone but shorter and with 2/3rds of the damage.
- The True Eye of Cthulhu's attacks always follow a set cycle: Phantasmal Bolts → Phantasmal Spheres → Phantasmal Eyes → Phantasmal Deathray → Phantasmal Spheres.
- Because they are impossible to kill, the True Eyes of Cthulhu disappear only after the Moon Lord is killed or all players are defeated.
- To prevent oneself from being overwhelmed by the True Eyes of Cthulhu's attacks, it is beneficial to defeat all three eyes at the same time in their attack cycles. This is done by only depleting the hand or head's health to zero during the cycle's final Phantasmal Sphere attack. This makes dodging simpler, as their attacks will mostly overlap with each other.
- Using the Master Ninja Gear greatly boosts mobility and grants a chance of dodging, hence it is very useful for avoiding the eye's attacks.
- The True Eye of Cthulhu, Spike Ball, Blazing Wheel, and flying Golem Head are the only truly invincible enemies.
- Although it is called True Eye of Cthulhu, it spawns when one of the Moon Lord's eyes is defeated, as Moon Lord is also designed after Cthulhu.
- Even though The True Eye of Cthulhu is invincible, it has a health stat, a hurt sound, and even a sound if it is killed.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.