Wand of Sparking

From Terraria Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Desktop versionConsole versionMobile version
Desktop/Console/Mobile-Only Content: This information applies only to the Desktop, Console, and Mobile versions of Terraria.
Wand of Sparking
  • Wand of Sparking item sprite
Stack digit 1.png
Damage14 (Magic)
Knockback0 (No knockback)
Critical chance14%
Use time26 (Average)
TooltipShoots a small spark
RarityRarity level: 1
Buy1 GC
Sell20 SC
Research1 required
Inflicts Debuff
DebuffOn Fire!On Fire!
Debuff tooltipSlowly losing life
Duration1–4 seconds
Projectile created
  • Spark
The Wand of Sparking in use.

The Wand of Sparking is an early-game magic weapon. It is found in regular Chests on the Surface or in the Underground layer, and is sold by the Skeleton Merchant during the third quarter moon phase. It fires a piercing spark along a parabolic curve, traveling about 16 tiles before dissipating. The spark has a 1/2 (50%) chance to inflict the On Fire! debuff. It deals no knockback.

Its best modifier is Demonic or Deadly, with the former granting improved critical strike chance and the latter granting improved speed. It cannot get modifiers that affect knockback or mana cost.


Used in

ResultIngredientsCrafting station
Wand of FrostingWand of Frosting(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)By Hand


  • The projectile has a 5/6 (83.33%) chance to inflict the On Fire! debuff for 1–2 seconds, and a 1/6 (16.67%) chance to inflict it for 2–4 seconds. On average, the debuff is inflicted for 1.75 seconds.
  • In Don't dig up and Get fixed boi seeds, the Wand of Sparking receives the following changes:


  • Because of the Wand of Sparking's low stats, lack of knockback, and short range, it is recommended to use it alongside other, more reliable weapons. Furthermore, if the player has not yet increased their maximum mana, their mana regeneration speed will be too low to consistently use the weapon.
    • Nonetheless, its mana efficiency (7 damage/mana), Average speed, 14% critical strike chance, and medium chance to inflict On Fire! render it slightly better than early-tier gem staves.
  • It can be used to temporarily light up dark spaces at a distance while exploring during the first few days of a character's existence.
  • The Wand of Sparking's piercing properties and ability to inflict a damaging debuff makes it useful against early worm-type enemies, as it can both damage and inflict a debuff on multiple segments in one strike.
  • The Wand of Sparking can be used through one- or two-tile wide holes in a wall, allowing to safely kill Zombies and other enemies in the first few nights.
  • Using its range, it can be used in the first stages of the game to remove thorny bushes in the Corruption, Crimson, or Jungle biomes.


  • This weapon and the Wand of Frosting are tied for having the lowest mana usage of any magic weapon in the game; not considering the Space Gun or Gray/Orange Zapinator coupled with Meteor armor (which costs 0 mana).
  • This weapon and the Wand of Frosting are the only "wands" which are magic weapons; aside from the cosmetic Bubble Wand, the other items with "wand" in their name all place blocks.


  • Desktop
    • Increased damage from 8 to 14.
    • Increased critical chance from 4% to 14%.
    • Use time decreased from 28 to 26.
    • Increased On Fire! chance from 33% to 50%.