|Use time||17 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Reduces damage from cold sources|
The Warmth Potion is a buff potion which grants the Warmth buff when consumed. The buff reduces damage from cold-themed enemies (see below) by 30%. This lasts for 15 minutes, but can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon (), by selecting the icon using Cycle Next/Previous Buff and then pressing Remove Buff (), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu (), or by double-tapping the buff icon ().
|Warmth Potion||Placed Bottle|
While the Warmth buff is in effect, damage from the following enemies will be reduced:
Additionally, the player's projectiles reflected by a Selenian, an Expert Biome Mimic, or the Dreadnautilus will also inflict reduced damage while Warmth is active. This is applied after the original damage of the projectile is halved upon reflection. The projectiles of the following weapons are affected:
- The Warmth buff does not affect the ice-themed weapons' damage in PvP.
- Despite the Frost Minnow being available on the Nintendo version and having "Material" listed in its tooltip, the Warmth Potion cannot be crafted due to a lack of Shiverthorn in the game.
- Its damage reduction stacks with that of the Endurance Potion, granting a total 40% damage reduction from ice enemies.
- The Warmth buff does not reduce damage from Frozen Zombies, Ice Mimics, and Ice Tortoises, despite them being cold enemies.
- This item is highly advantageous during the Frost Legion and Frost Moon events, as many of their enemies are affected by the Warmth buff. Additionally, it will last the full duration of the Frost Moon.
- Although some of Deerclops' attacks do not use ice, their damage is still reduced by 30%. This makes the potion quite helpful during the fight.
- Despite its name, this buff does not protect against the Chilled debuff. The only way to do so is with accessories such as the Hand Warmer, Ankh Shield, or Arctic Diving Gear.
- Desktop 1.4.4: Now include contact damage protection against Ice Bat, Ice Tortoise, Ice Mimic, and Yeti.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.