Jump to navigation Jump to search
|AI Type||Windy Balloon AI|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Paper Airplane (2-5)1.39%
- White Paper Airplane (2-5)1.39%
- Internal NPC ID: 594
The Windy Balloon is a unique flying enemy that only spawns during a Windy Day event at daytime. It can be seen carrying Slimes which are bound to the string underneath.
While the Windy Balloon itself does not deal damage, the slimes attached to it will, both while flying and after the balloon is popped. The balloon will pop if the player hits it, gets too close, or when it reaches the ground, and will then always drop the slime to the ground.
The types of slimes that can be attached to the balloon are Green, Blue and Purple Slimes, with a rare chance of a Pinky.
- Like the Angry Dandelion, Windy Balloons can only spawn upwind of the player.
- Windy Balloons' movement always follows the direction of the wind.
- The slime attached to the Windy Balloon holds any items on the drop table, appearing inside the slime like bonus drops. Destroying the balloon does not give the player the item.
- The Windy Balloon has no banner and kill count; killing the slime it carries only progresses the banner and kill count for said slime itself. Popping the balloon does not cause the Tally Counter to change.
- However, "killing" the Windy Balloon is required in order to progress the Bestiary's information, as the Bestiary uses a separate kill counter.
- If the player kills the slime tied to the Windy Balloon, the balloon will proceed to rapidly zip upwards and out of view.
- If followed, the balloon will keep on flying up into Space and disappear outside the screen once the player hits the map borders.
- The Windy Balloon, Lunatic Devotee, Truffle Worm, and Prismatic Lacewing are the only entities classified as an "enemy" that otherwise deal absolutely no damage to the player.
- The Bestiary entry for the Windy Balloon: "Some enterprising slimes ride wind currents with balloons in an effort to find food. Pop their balloons to bring them back down to earth. "
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Increased drop rate for Paper Airplanes from 1.15% to 1.39%, and increased drop stack size from 1 to 2-5.
- Increased drop rate for all Kites from 0.38% to 1.39%.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 22.214.171.124.4.1: Introduced.
- Switch 126.96.36.199.5: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Introduced.