|Damage||5 (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) / 4 (Old-gen console and 3DS versions) (Ranged)|
|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Sell||1 CC (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) |
2 CC (Old-gen console and 3DS versions)
Wooden Arrow (friendly)
Wooden Arrows are only sold by the Skeleton Merchant during these moon phases.
ChestChest |25–50||1/3 (33.33%)|
(Armed Pincushion Zombie) Zombie
(Armed Pincushion Zombie)
(Big Pincushion Zombie) Zombie
(Big Pincushion Zombie)
(Pincushion Zombie) Zombie
(Small Pincushion Zombie) Zombie
(Small Pincushion Zombie)
The Wooden Arrow is the most basic type of arrow. It can be used as ammunition for all types of bows and is also the base of the crafting recipes for several more powerful arrow types. Wooden Arrows can be crafted, found in Pots and Chests, dropped by Pincushion Zombies, and purchased from the Merchant for 5 CC each. They can also be purchased from the Skeleton Merchant(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) during moon phases 3, 4, 7, and 8.
(Old-gen console and 3DS versions) A fired Wooden Arrow has a 1/3 (33.33%) chance of being recoverable after hitting an enemy or a block (only when shot from a weapon that fires one arrow at a time).
When shot with certain bows, regular Wooden Arrows will transform into another special projectile (such as the Molten Fury, which will transform them into a version of Flaming Arrows). Some other bows, such as the Pulse Bow(Desktop, Console, Old-gen console and Mobile versions), convert any type of arrow to their special variant.
- Wooden Arrows lose utility early on as better arrows become available, but they remain a considerably cheaper and more accessible alternative for bows that convert shots into special arrows, such as the Marrow, Ice Bow, and Sharanga(Old-gen console and 3DS versions), as these gain no benefit from the special properties of more expensive ammo types. In Hardmode, the Endless Quiver(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) may be a better alternative.
- Upgrading Wooden Arrows to Flaming Arrows or Frostburn Arrows does not require a lot of resources, yet greatly increases their usefulness.
- The darts fired from a Dart Trap bear a strong resemblance to Wooden Arrows.
- (Old-gen console and 3DS versions) Along with Heart Arrows, Wooden Arrows deal the lowest amount of damage of all types of arrows.
- In the beta version of Terraria, Wooden Arrows could not be crafted. Instead, they could only be found in Pots and Chests, or purchased from the Merchant for 10 CC each.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Amount gained in crafting increased from 5 to 25.
- Damage increased from 4 to 5.
- Sell value reduced from 2 CC to 1 CC.
- Added Endless Quiver.
- Desktop 1.1: Amount gained in crafting increased from 3 to 5.